PDA

View Full Version : I have several ideas for funding the upgrade

directmailscrapper
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
First of all, I think there are many of us who would be willing to donate money to keep the Shack up and running and to move to a dedicated server. Here are some of my ideas:

1. Have a "no buy" month where we donate what we would have spent to the Shack.

2. Contact some of our favorite companies and ask them to donate some of their stuff to a Shack Auction. I bet we could get some Bellas and JustJohanna and other favorite materials. Maybe we could get a Dahle cutter? Then we could bid on these items and the proceeds could go to support the Shack.

3. My daughter Emily suggested that we sell our cards to raise money. Not sure how that would work -- maybe someone has some ideas?

4. Ask our membership to make financial contributions. Face it -- most of us spend plenty of money supporting our addictions anyway -- surely we could afford to help Sherry pay for upgrades that will benefit all of us! $1,500 is a LOT of money for one person -- but it's not a lot if we all pitch in a little bit!

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff. This is what I do all day long (I'm in direct mail and a lot of my customers are in fundraising!). Give me some feedback and let's see what we can do.

Nancy

mydogstinks2
02-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I totally agree on all of this! I love the idea of a fund raiser auction and I'm going to send Shery a Money Order for my donation to the shack! I don't have pay-pal so I think a money order is the way I can help out right now!

tesschap
02-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm game for anything :)

Teresa

ccstampin12
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
when I lost the site for a while.
I agree that we all must have a few dollars laying around here and there....otherwise, how do we DO this wonderful hobby?
I vote to just have everyone donate to the site...forget about fund raisers...come on, GIRLS, let's just help out financially without all the trouble of fund raising!
Just let me know how to donate, and I will.
I love every aspect of this site, and would feel very sad to lose any part of it. I just couldn't BEAR it to lose the Gallery!!!
I don't chat so much, but like knowing it's there!
That's my opinion.
I'll be watching to see how I can help directly!
ME:cute:

mydogstinks2
02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
On the home page there is a spot to donate to the shack. It is always there. I believe you can donate right now to that. I don't really know how pay-pal works since I don't have an account.

Fief14
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
What about a card auction? We could all make cards to donate to the auction. Start them at $.01 & put a time limit on each card. The money can then go to the shack & the highest bidder wins the card when the time limit is up. I know I would place bids on the cards you girls make! I especially love those that some of you use prismacolors on!

ccstampin12
02-15-2007, 11:06 AM
On the home page there is a spot to donate to the shack. It is always there. I believe you can donate right now to that. I don't really know how pay-pal works since I don't have an account.

I never noticed that before!
I just made a small donation via Pay Pal.
Hope it helps!
Joanie

hutchink
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I have made a donation too! I would love to do more to take this continue burden off Sherry's shoulders. I like the idea of a fun raiser and Nancy you are the perfect person to lead us with that! I like the idea of a stamp shack shirt!

~K

ccstampin12
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I'd definitely buy a shirt!!!
Joanie

directmailscrapper
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Sherry -- what are your thoughts? We want to support the site -- how can we help? Nancy

Erin K
02-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I want a shirt too. I love shirts.

directmailscrapper
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't know nuttin about no shirts! Hmmm. If that's the route everyone wants to take, I guess we could look into shirts.

What does everyone think about getting the manufacturers that we all support to help out?

Nancy

hutchink
02-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I think that it is a great idea Nancy...but I'm not much at marketing that idea...you tell me what I need to say and do and I can do it!

~K

Deborah
02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
GREAT ideas, each and every one! We'll all make this work!