PDA

View Full Version : How much is The Stamp Shack worth. :)

Erin K
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok, so lots of people seem to be willing to pay an annual fee. Lets just see here. This poll isn't binding or anything, maybe we won't do it. But we can just get a feel for what people think is reasonable and all.

toao
02-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks for posting Erin. I voted $20. (although I'm willing to pay more I think $20 is not asking too much for all of the great services Sherry offers us)

Mary

Erin K
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Yea I should have explained that, vote what you think is fair to REQUIRE, not what you are willing to pay, I'd pay more than I think we should require you know... I hope I'm not confusing everyone

Erin K
02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh and no one can see your answer so please be honest. :)

Far North
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't feel I have an guessimate of what expenses are involved with the site in addition to the server fee. I know there was something that came up recently that Sherry responded that she just didn't have money to do. If we want to maintain the high quality of this site I would expect there will be some additional costs. I would hope we could have some money to budget for continuous improvements and that would be included if we have an annual fee.
Just a thought...Jan

emmcee
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd be more than willing to pay an annual fee. We've gotten spoiled to all these great and nifty things that Sherry has provided for us, and we, as a community, need to help financially so we can still have an up-to-date site as this site will only continue to grow.

RDRD4
02-15-2007, 10:59 PM
I willing to pay an annual fee. My son has about 4 sites(game site) he pays an annual fee and one he has to pay monthy. The hights one he pay $16.00 a year So I think paying is not a bad thing.

Just my 2cent

spredbirds
02-16-2007, 08:21 AM
SAVE the SHACK! .... I'd be willing to pay or whatever ... but we truly need to save this place ... it's such a great little place and makes me so happy! .... Chelsea

ccstampin12
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I sent $10, based on Sherry's estimated "cost per member" of around $3.00. I know there are additional features that will come up, and which we will all benefit from, and so, I will vote to pay for our membership. I think fund raisers are a lot of work/trouble, and not everyone will participate, for whatever reasons....so membership fees would be the fairest.
JMO
Thanks for this "place" to give opinions!
Joanie

ctmhgirl
02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Is the amount in US or Canadian money?

Erin K
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I was thinking US but only because that's where I am.. It could be either I guess.

directmailscrapper
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I voted for $20 -- and like Mary I would be willing to pay more. I feel bad that some might not be able to afford to join -- but the site has to be paid for somehow. My guess is that MOST of us can afford the $15 or $20 -- heck, a stamp costs $5-12, a Dahle paper cutter costs $60 and how many of us have purchased Cuttlebugs in the last several weeks?

I really like what Michelle says above -- we are a community -- and we need to support our community.

And those of us who can -- can donate additional funds to help support Sherry.

I DO like the idea of coming up with another Shack stamp for sale. That seems easy (easy for ME to say!) and all of the profits could go to the Shack. Maybe our Bella lady would design and donate a stamp to our site???

Nancy

ctmhgirl
02-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I would be willing to donate a CTMH stamp set.

cindi
02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
do a poll Erin!!
:)

gigibee
02-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I also voted for $20, but would be willing to pay more to keep the Shack going and growing. Sherry has given me a wonderful place to meet new friends who are so passionate and encouraging about stamping. I've learned so much in just the short time since I have joined. I can only imagine how much time, energy and expense are involved with operating this super site.
Konnie

Jailbirdstamper
02-18-2007, 01:52 AM
can you add advertising to the site or are you trying to avoid doing that?
I just found the Stamp Shack but I find myself here almost everyday since I found you (now I feel guilty you are getting so too many hits to your site)...
Maybe the free templates could be hosted somewhere else if that is a lot of your traffic?

scrappyyankee
02-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I only just became a member and I would definitely pay a fee. I'm a member on another site and this site definitely offers alot more.
Mickey

scrappinnuts
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I woluld be willing to pay a fee for this great site.. whatever is decided I will pay. Thanks for all of the fun on this site.

Erin K
02-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm closing this thread because Sherry established a yearly fee to it's a moot point.