PDA

View Full Version : The fastenater

inkinupstamps
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Ladies, those of you who know me know that I dislike seeing staples used on papercrafts. Nope! Don't care for the look at all.

So........guess what I bought yesterday? A fastenater. I don't care for the plain bar staples but I'm really getting into using the fancy and scripted ones.

I've been working on party favors for not only my daughter's wedding but also for my mother's reception that the family is having this summer and I'm finding that this little critter has made an elegant difference (in some cases).

OK...so I'm eating my words about not liking staples...sort of. But for you who have the fastenater, do you have a solution for the backside prongs? They seem a bit rough and sharp on the backside. I'm making Mary H's adorable candy filled matchbooks this afternoon but I'm not real thrilled with the back where the staple comes through. Do you beat it with a hammer or mallot?

HELP!:chatterbox:

Jennifer :)

Jailbirdstamper
03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
oh no... something else I need to buy!

tesschap
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Jennifer,

I'm with you! I have never cared for the 'raw' staple look on any of my projects but I did buy the facenator yesterday for 40% off at Jo's. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but now I'm curious as to what you do for the back of the staples. I bet you pound them down with a rubber mallot or something?! Mary was an enabler for me, too! I loved those party favors she did and when I saw the facenator on sale I figured I'd give it a whirl!

Happy stapling!

Teresa

GSMom385
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Jennifer-
I flatten mine with the flat side of my bone folder when they don't lay down like they are suppose to and sometimes if I am really concerned about them showing I cover the back with another peice of coordinating card stock to hide them. Not sure how well that will work with your pattern you are making.

inkinupstamps
03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Jennifer-
I flatten mine with the flat side of my bone folder when they don't lay down like they are suppose to and sometimes if I am really concerned about them showing I cover the back with another peice of coordinating card stock to hide them. Not sure how well that will work with your pattern you are making.

Thanks! :) I just now plattened it a bit (only one corner wasn't progging in correctly) and that helped.

Mary's little matchbook favors are SO FAST to make and are just as cute as can be. It was just the "staple" that was bothering me. MUCH better now!

Thanks for your help! :)

Jennifer

iloveflipflops
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I threw my fastenator in the TRASH. Can you believe it? I hated it and at the time the staples were so ugly when they first came out.... well, last week when I was shopping for 15 hours with Ellie and Deb, I saw they had beautiful paisley staples and striped staples .. and I oooohed and aaaaahed over them and thought "why did i throw my fastenator away?" But Ellie reminded me I can just buy the pretty staples and just put them in by hand. i did not buy any but we'll have to see ....

inkinupstamps
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I threw my fastenator in the TRASH. Can you believe it? I hated it and at the time the staples were so ugly when they first came out.... well, last week when I was shopping for 15 hours with Ellie and Deb, I saw they had beautiful paisley staples and striped staples .. and I oooohed and aaaaahed over them and thought "why did i throw my fastenator away?" But Ellie reminded me I can just buy the pretty staples and just put them in by hand. i did not buy any but we'll have to see ....

I know how you felt, Sherri. To me the plain ones look like this stray hunk of metal and I never saw them as much of an embellishment but I have to admit that I like the stylized ones.

hutchink
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I love my mine, but then again I love office supplies!

~K