PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Dish

Sherry
03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Well, as you all know, we experienced an ALL DAY site outage today. Oh my, talk about withdrawls!! Is it crazy to be addicted to your own website??? Our site outage was a direct result of us getting moved to the dedicated server. Yay! Hopefully, from here on out, everything will run just hunky dorey.

In addition to the above info, I'd like to share with you a few other things.

Our host forgot to install the GD library - a program that is necessary to create images/thumbnails for the gallery and download links. As a result, you will get an error message upon trying to upload to the gallery. Please refrain from uploading for the time being. I am going to contact our host and try to get them to install this for us ASAP but I think they're rather cranky with me today for sending them so many emails regarding our site outage. If I don't get a response this evening, I will attempt to install it myself in the morning.

Secondly, you may have noticed Dean logged in to the website off and on for the past couple of days. He is diligently fixing up our swap board and is almost complete. Here is the list of fixes/new additions:

The feedback portion of the code was removed
The "Remove this member from the swap" code was removed. It was never used so we axed it.
A madatory "Real Name" input box was added. You will be required to submit your real name upon joining a swap. Note: This information is viewable to hostesses only. It will enable the hostess to easily identify swap packages that arrive in the mail.
Subscribed members of The Stamp Shack website are the only members who will be able to host/participate in swaps. Junior members and trial members will be able to view the swap board but will not be able to participate.
A hostess contact button was added (finally!)
The ability to cross off (put a strike through) a swap once you have completed it has been added (or is being added as we speak). This will be extremely beneficial if you host/participate in numerous swaps at the same time and will help you stay organized.Thank you Dean for your amazing talents and work ethic!

teabear
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the update, Sherry, and for keeping everything going.

cindi
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
and thank you to Dean for coming through!!!!
I'm so glad we are going to be able to strike off swaps we've already done! I was starting to get confused!!:wacko:
thanks again
:)

stampcrazyjulie
03-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Sherry for the update! We were all right there with you on the withdrawals today! :twitcy:

mahodgman
03-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Sherry,

My last uploaded card to gallery is missing. I think I uploaded it last night. I also posted a message on Daily Dish about it, and that is gone too. I can load it again later, but I thought you might want to know about it.

spredbirds
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM
thanks for all that you do ... I missed it here today too :wacko: ... Chelsea

Sherry
03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi Sherry,

My last uploaded card to gallery is missing. I think I uploaded it last night. I also posted a message on Daily Dish about it, and that is gone too. I can load it again later, but I thought you might want to know about it.

The reason some of the uploads are missing from last night is because the photos were uploaded after our webhost took a snap shot of the website to be transferred onto the new server. They probably should have shut down the site after they took the snapshot but it was left running until we got shut down late last night.

Christie
03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
The new changes sound great!! I can't wait!

midnitecreations
03-04-2007, 10:41 PM
The swap board changes sound great. Love the idea of being able to "cross off" a swap. renu

mommagus
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I am glad we are back> I was lost without hte shack. It's amazing how quickly you get addicted. Thanks for the information and updates.

dgbearsmom
03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Thank you for the update Sherry. I discovered the e-mail button for the swap hostesses earlier and have already used it twice. That is very nice to have! Being able to cross of the swaps will be cool too.

Judy

hbpuppy
03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the update on the updates. Sounds like a lot of great improvements.

gigibee
03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks Sherry for keeping us posted on the updates and improvements.
Konnie