PDA

View Full Version : HELP... I'm melting...

loobylou
03-05-2007, 05:43 AM
I feel like a wicked witch from the wizard of OZ! lol

It was 104.9F (40.5C) here today and the worst is still to come.
The forecast for the next 2 days is 107.6F (42C). Workmen will be walking off building sites and parents can legally keep their kids away from school, it's so hot.... Anyone want to Swap me for a snow day???

Who says Australia is the Lucky country?? Thank Goodness for the backyard swimming pool. we are just about living in it.
Hope this post has warmed you all up a little
Sarah

shuggy
03-05-2007, 06:04 AM
pick me, pick me!

it's freezing!!!

Christie
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Oh Sarah I feel your pain. I do hope you all are using LOTS of sunscreen while in the pool. Try to stay cool and don't work outside if you don't have to.

GrammaStamper
03-05-2007, 08:16 AM
How are the flies? I hear Perth has way too many of them. Sorry to hear it's soooo hot. Doesn't even come close to enjoyable. Sending you some icicles in the mail today. Hope they survive. LOL!

jdpisces
03-05-2007, 08:16 AM
WOW! Now that IS hot! Is it very humid in Australia? Here in Chicago, if it were that hot, it would be difficult to go outside with the humidity....

Spartymom
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Right now it's cold and windy. I could never handle heat that hot. I would melt. Enjoy the pool, where sunscreen. Drink lots of water. Kim

loobylou
03-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Not so humid at the moment. When it is this hot it's usually a dry heat, on Wednesday it is meant to drop to 95F and be very humid. i think that is worse actually- the airconditioner just can't cope.
Hope those icicles make it Barb. we are giving the dog a bowl of icecubes and a bowl of water too to keep her cool
sarah

flyingflower
03-05-2007, 09:24 AM
wow, that's HOT!

we had spring over the weekend :)

Sherry
03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
104 degrees?? WOWSERS! That is hot, hot, hot! I love warm weather but that is just unbearable. I will stick with my snow for the time being :D

limeyscrapper
03-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Way too hot for me too, please be careful to take good care of yourself during the heat wave.
We have snow again this morning - I don't think that this winter is ever going to end.

Nancy
03-05-2007, 09:32 AM
you get, here in AZ we had 115 last summer. We have swamp coolers when the dewpoint is less than 55, Do you have them. One thing for sure when it is hot it is hot. Today we are supposed to have close to 80, yesterday it was 72. I am not complaining, but I do enjoy skiing and snowmobiling. Nancy A

Swanie78
03-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Ohhh yeah! I will SO take you up on it! :)
Last summer when I went to CA it was 114* and I loved it! Except for the humidity....it sucks the life out of you! Hows your humidity over there?
Stay cool! And have fun in the pool! Cant wait until ours opens!!!! (in May...lol)
How about you just send 40* our way. Youll cool down, we'll warm up, its all good ;)

cindi
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll trade a cold day with ya!!!:spinny:
we are going to be bitterly cold tomorrow, I'll just send it your way!
:)

Far North
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Sarah-I have a great way to cool you down for a few minutes today. Our community is beginning it's month long International Ice Cravings. The pictures are more spectacular than ever! The single block competitions are now complete--don't miss the cat and the masked woman! While you looking enjoy the kiddy park complete with ice mazes and slides. The web cams show carvings constantly. Ice Alaska (http://www.icealaska.com/index.html)has a terrific website this year. Hopefully watching the themometer on the home page and knowing these folks work in average temperatures of 23 below zero will cool you off for a few moments!

I will be thinking of you as I put on an extra layer for another day!
...Jan

ellie
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Holy Cow Sarah that's pretty hot! I don't think I could handle it. I would much prefer the snow.

firefly
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
That's hotter than I like and I call myself a 'hot weather' person! Keep cool Sarah!! It's 15 degrees here and dropping tonight! Sally

Tantalize
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh goodness Sarah!!! go to the malls.... FREE air conditioning. LOL I have lived in 42C weather before... and it is NOT fun. omg... Hang in there.

GSMom385
03-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok ok I will stop complaining about the ice because I would rather be cold than hot. But I would be happy to box some up and send it your way, sounds like you need it there. Hang in there stay cool.