PDA

View Full Version : A new tutorial!

Sherry
03-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi ladies,

I gathered up all of stuff and made our first online video, heehee. I will be uploading it shortly :)

Cheers,
Sherry

luvscookies
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Very cool idea! It always helps (at least me anyway) to see something being done!

GrammaStamper
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Sherry, love that Faux Linen tutorial. I had never seen how it's done before and now that I've seen it, I can do it! Thanks.

Sherry
03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Heehee, at least you're going easy on me :) I'm camera shy but thought what the heck, someone needs to do the first vid and it might as well be me!

I'm super new to this video stuff and I'm trying to find a compression tool that will cut the video file size without distorting it every which way possible. So far, nothing is working. My original file is really nice and smooth - nothing like the quality that has been uploaded. I will eventually find something that works!

GrammaStamper
03-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Have you tried a program called Studio 9 (at least that's the one we use). They may have newer versions now. It makes all sorts of mpg files and many others. We ordered it from Henry's Cameras in Toronto. I'll see if I can find a link and post it.

Here's a link: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Studio+version+9.htm

Sherry
03-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Do you know if it compresses AVI files into flash (FLV)?

GrammaStamper
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
DH says it does pretty much all the good stuff and it is used by semi-professionals. They are up to 10.5v now.

kimmylynnd
03-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi Sherry,

I tried to view your video, and it doesn't seem to work for me? Do I have to d/l anything to be able to see it? I think this is a really wonderful idea and can't wait to see more tutorials!

keltie
03-11-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't seem to be able to wach it either,the other day I was able to watch your dog out in the yard. Heather

Sherry
03-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Sherry,

I tried to view your video, and it doesn't seem to work for me? Do I have to d/l anything to be able to see it? I think this is a really wonderful idea and can't wait to see more tutorials!

Hi Kim,

I took it down last night as I wasn't happy with the quality/distortion. I'm going to work on the compression again today and see if I can get a decent quality file.

PS - Did you get my PM about doing a video for us? I sent it maybe 2 days ago?

hutchink
03-11-2007, 08:32 AM
I can't watch it either...boo hooo :(

~K

kimmylynnd
03-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Sorry Sherry, I did get your PM, but was working crazy hours the past couple days and didnt have a chance to get back to you yet! I will do that today..in the meantime I have been trying to think of what you would like to see for techniques? lol....Need some ideas! lol

Sherry
03-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Yes ladies, lets have some ideas on what techniques you'd like to see video tutorials on.

GrammaStamper
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I would love to see how to tie a really nice bow, or how to make a knot look good. Mine never do.

loobylou
03-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Here is the start of my wish list, and some suggestions of who might make the video tutorial for us- of course there are probably many other talented ladies out there who might like to share these techniques with us.

Collage (Ethel-Vintagegal)

Colouring in (Deb)

Alcohol inks-polished stone (??)

Sarah

moon_beam23
03-12-2007, 01:33 PM
That is awesome! Can't wait to check it out!