PDA

View Full Version : Did u see Dr. Oz on Oprah yesterday? He said to maintain a healthy weight women must

iloveflipflops
11-03-2006, 08:24 AM
have a 32 1/2" or less waist size. Hmmm, I need to measure mine. I only watched the first 3 minutes then had to cut it off but plan to watch it later. He has a new book out of course.

I am interested in hearing what he says now about us eating and our diet.

lost luggage
11-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I've got him in the DVR..I was intrested to see what he says. What size is a 32.5" waist? I don't want to dig out my tape measure...

The commercials said there was something everyone had to eat to drop weight...was that a scam?

kulakid
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
The commercials said there was something everyone had to eat to drop weight...was that a scam?

I caught some of it...I think the magic food was " breakfast!"

cindi
11-03-2006, 01:25 PM
and I'm very afraid of the measuring tape!:eek: Geez..whats a girl to do?:rolleyes:

lost luggage
11-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Oz is Oprah's new medical advice guru on the show... I like him.

ok- I watched the program..he sums up all the stuff you need to drop from your diet... high fructose (sp), enriched flour, etc. and says the more fat you have around your waistline, the worse off you are. He compared it several times to cancer and mentioned how much shorter your life will be if you have a 40" waist. He says 10,000 steps per day, 5 minutes of stretching per day, umm.... 30 minutes weights each week... and that you should trim 100 calories from your daily diet. If you do this, you will drop 2" from your waist line.

stampcrazyjulie
11-03-2006, 05:26 PM
A 32 inch waist is like a size 8 isn't it? I missed Oprah. I haven't really seen her since she switched stations. Now I am feeling depressed! :(

lost luggage
11-03-2006, 05:36 PM
He talked about having fat in other areas not being so bad...but the waistline fat (stomach area) is the worst. He said fat thighs are only going to hinder your ability to get dates...but the fat in your waistline will shorten your life.

stampcrazyjulie
11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Hmmmm. ..off I go to run some steps or something!

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Something about reading the labels on the packages of food...
I went and read the labels on my snacks and such. I would have to throw away almost everything in my cabinets! It was a bit depressing so I had a candy bar. * sigh *

Jane