PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...between menopause and being a grammie...

Deborah
03-16-2007, 07:24 AM
...this week has played havoc with my sleep! (lol) Middle-of-the-night power surges had me awake at 3 am Sunday and Monday, my visiting grandson had me awake by 4 am Tuesday and Wednesday, and by 5 am Thursday. Yesterday he went home to Mama, I went for a "nap" at 4:30 pm...my "nap" lasted till 4 am this morning!!!:nod: Thank goodness for fun websites to browse during early-morning meanderings! It'll be nice to sleep in tomorrow!
I'm away to do some classes at Michael's this morning and this afternoon, will check back later today.

Have an artsy day y'all!

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 07:28 AM
LOL! Deborah I love your term "power surges" for you middle of the night awakenings. Is it the moon or something because I've had the same "power surges" this week and lots of middle of the night wakefulness. ah...the fun of getting older!

Jennifer :)

cindi
03-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I think I've had my first " power surge"!!!
woke up at 3:45.. somehow I think it would be better ifthey came during the day!!
:)

Sherry
03-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Those power surges must be contagious, Deborah. I awoke at 3:00 am this morning and couldn't get myself back to sleep. I'm sure DH was awake for most of that time too as I couldn't stop flip-floppin' back and forth trying to get comfortable.

GrammaStamper
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your sleeplessness. Were you in Seattle, per chance? LOL! Still, being a grammie is terrific, isn't it? Glad to hear you can sleep in tomorrow.

teabear
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I like the term power surges....I usually say I'm having my own personal summer! LOL

dreis1
03-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh Deborah, sorry you couldn't sleep well. Good grief it must have been a new moon, the cell phone woke me up 1am (I just let it ring) and then 30 mins later that sucker is ringing again. Of course it had stopped by the time I got to it. I guess its a good thing because it would not have been good for someone ear to hear me yelling. Anyway about 2 hours later or so it seemed I went back to sleep. Yikes. what a way to start the day. Everyone have a good stamping day. Glinda

iloveflipflops
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey, this is totally me. i was awake 1/2 the night last night. I know I have started with perimenopause. I can totally relate to Rosie on the view and her and i are almost the same age. I took the kids to school this morning then came home and went back to bed. Just now got up at 10 am and i am STILL tired :(

directmailscrapper
03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
LOL! I THINK I'm done with all that nonsense - and I was lucky. No personal summer for me! Insomnia -- YES! I just think it's funny that I'm winding up with no more need for those personal products -- and my daughter will START needing them in a year or two! I've been going along at 7-9 months stretches WITHOUT it -- then -- SURPRISE! This time I think I'm done (I hope!) Nancy

Scrap This!
03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
wish I could find a surge of power, meant to wake up at 6:30 to study for a test, instead woke up at 4:00 am with a headache. UGH!!! Enjoy your classes today.