PDA

View Full Version : Mahodgman - Mary! Need your help/advice/experience

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
I loved the matchbook favors you made for your friend so much that I suggested these might be fun little favors at the tables or in a basket for the big wing-ding my sisters and brother and I are planning for my mom this summer.

Anyway, my sisters loved the idea and volunteered me to make them.

I believe I have all of the supplies, but what size did you make them? I made a sample and mine was about 2 1/2 by 3 -ish when folded. But do you remember the actual measurements you used? I don't suppose they have to be exact and I want to maximize the sheet of card stock/pp I use for them so I hope to follow the old adage "measure twice, cut ONCE!" LOL I'll need to make about 80+ of them.

Any help and advice you can give will be appreciated.

Jennifer :)

mahodgman
03-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I used a mat stack that is 4.5"x6.5", so I cut each sheet in half making 2 pieces of 2.25"x6.5". My folds were at 1" from the bottom and 2.5" from the top. You can also use less expensive candy for these. Those Giradelli things are pretty expensive! The gal who ordered 75 of them just bought Hershey's mini bags, and they worked just fine. I hope that helps!

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much! :)

We may or may not put candy in them (I vote for the candy, but one of my sister's has another idea.) Regardless of what we put in them, I'll be making them so I appreciate your help with measurements.

The only other thing I had a bit of frustration with is my fastenater. I swore I'd never get the thing, but anyway....that's another story. I don't think, though that it gives a very smooth, flat finish on the backside. Did you have to pound yours with a mallot to make them lie flat and not be pointy?

mahodgman
03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks so much! :)

We may or may not put candy in them (I vote for the candy, but one of my sister's has another idea.) Regardless of what we put in them, I'll be making them so I appreciate your help with measurements.

The only other thing I had a bit of frustration with is my fastenater. I swore I'd never get the thing, but anyway....that's another story. I don't think, though that it gives a very smooth, flat finish on the backside. Did you have to pound yours with a mallot to make them lie flat and not be pointy?

I ended up using the Fastenator Mini on the huge batch of 75. The big one is kind of cumbersome but great for reaching into the middle of your paper. The papers I used are so busy that I don't notice the back side of the staples at all, and they layed flat. I got the mini from a secret sister, so I don't know how much it costs or anything.