PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone happen to see Simon Cowell on 60 minutes last night?

iloveflipflops
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I missed it but DH was telling me about it. Do you know how much he gets paid from American Idol? In the US, he gets $30 MILLION a YEAR. He also does the show in the UK and gets an additional $38 MILLION a YEAR over there. Plus anyone who makes a record from American Idol, he gets money from that too.

WOW, he is rolling in the dough!!!! LOL

Erin K
03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Yea, it's great for him I guess. He is the mastermind behind it in the UK then brought it over here, I guess he deserves the $$ as he was so clever with it.

jdpisces
03-19-2007, 06:47 PM
American Idol wasn't his first money-making gig either! He is also the creator of the Tele-Tubbies and I think he is the mastermind behind that group Il Divo. Impressive when you think about it!

Erin K
03-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Yea. Seems like he might be a jerk but maybe that's just for TV in any event I guess he earns his $$.

tojoco
03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Actually, he is suppose to be a very nice (rich!) man. He has five homes -- one of them being in Dubai which is impressive in itself. Sometimes he can be a little too mean but overall he tells it like it is. Where are these kids parents? How could they possibly allow some of these children to go on t.v. and make fools of themselves by not being able to sing. He's basically telling these kids to do something else with their lives instead of wasting it trying to sell themselves singing.

As sensitive as I am, I would probably cry if he ever spoke to me like that but there is something about him that makes me like him.

maxiesmom
03-19-2007, 07:27 PM
They talk about him on the radio all the time. He's really the only one of the three that consistently gives the contestants honest, practical advice. He may be harsh, but he tells it like it is.

Vintagegal
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
He's blunt, but he knows the business; and he wouldn't be so successful as a producer if he didn't know what he was talking about, KWIM?

toao
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I was never very impressed with him, but I can see that he is very intelligent. I did watch it last night.

Mary

Scrap This!
03-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Sometimes he can be a little too mean but overall he tells it like it is. Where are these kids parents? How could they possibly allow some of these children to go on t.v. and make fools of themselves by not being able to sing. He's basically telling these kids to do something else with their lives instead of wasting it trying to sell themselves singing.

As sensitive as I am, I would probably cry if he ever spoke to me like that but there is something about him that makes me like him.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ITA!! I too like Simon, as he doesn't sugar coat everything.

tesschap
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I wish I had seen 60 minutes. I know he can be a real jerk but I think he is usually right. It's his way of telling people that I don't always care for.

Teresa

MyRnAbS
03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
That simon doesn't know real talent well not usually we've all seen that new gal that just won an oscar, she was turned down by american idol. I want to have simon's money!! Girls we are in the wrong business here!! I mean if he can judge so can we, KWIM? :biglaugh: