PDA

View Full Version : Blog question

ellie
03-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok, believe it or not, I am working on starting a blog! I have it started and added elements. I even uploaded pictures to a kaleidoscope thingy. My problem is that when I try to copy the kaleidoscope to my blog, it comes back and says that there are too many characters. I have only uploaded the amount of pictures that it says I can and now, I am stuck. Any ideas?

tesschap
03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
How many pictures did you load? I have the same thing and it only allowed me so many pictures - 18 I think.

Swanie78
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
What site are you using to host the slide show? Ive used Myspace and Slide.com and neither one have set a limit to the amount of pictures I can show.

ellie
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
it's on Picture Trail and it's called photo-flick. It works fine on the site...I just can't get it to my blog. I uploaded 18 pictures...that is what they said was the limit.

Swanie78
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Are you cutting and pasting the URL at the top of the page (in the address bar) or are you using the one that should be in a box? (Im not sure how their site is set up, Ive never used it).
Also, check to make sure it says its the code used for your blog type. Some codes are different depending on if you use Blogger or Typepad, etc.
My only other suggestion would be to try a different site. Slide (http://www.slide.com) is super simple to use! And you dont even have to create an account, unless you want to go back and edit/add pictures later.

GrammaStamper
03-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I use picture trail and when you upload the photos, it gives you several selections for Blogger, Myspace, Typepad....etc. Make sure you select the one for the host you are using, ie. Blogger, Myspace...etc. then it will give you a box with the coding in it. Just copy and paste that. If you are using Blogger, when you Customize, make sure you Add a Page Element, then select HTML/Javascript for a third-party site. HTH