PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done crafting!

hutchink
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I have decided that I will not craft any more! I will not make any more cards. I just have to stop creating things since my craft area is a total mess! I use to have a 6 X 6 area to create something...now I have a 2 X 2 area! So today I will start the cleaning an organizing on my craft space...so if you don't see me for a week you know that I buried under a pile of stamps! I really hope to get it all done this weekend since DH is off the whole weekend! I would take before photo's but I would be totally embarrassed! I still not sure how to organize all my embellishments? Any ideas?

Wish me luck..it is so bad!

~K

Erin K
03-30-2007, 10:56 AM
goodness I thought you ment forever! You clean up that mess girl!

teabear
03-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Spice jars work for little things and ziplocks & canning jars in a variety of sizes for the bigger things. I sort by color....have fun finding the buried treasures!

toao
03-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I use the plastic trays from SU or TAC to store my embellishments in. They are clear so you can see what's inside, and they stack nicely on top of each other. They can be labeled on the end as well. Best wishes on your reorganization.

Mary

moon_beam23
03-30-2007, 11:10 AM
You can do it Kim! We've all been there a time or two.

directmailscrapper
03-30-2007, 11:38 AM
When you say 2 x 2 -- do you mean 2 feet by 2 feet? I was down to 2 inches by 2 inches last week -- I'm making SLOW progress -- I MIGHT be up to 2 feet by 2 feet by now! Good luck! Remember Ethel's makeover -- you too can have an organized work space (I should take my own advice!)

ccstampin12
03-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I know how you feel! I didn't get to craft for over a week when reorganizing my area.
It's still not ready!
About the embellis storage....I use the bead boxes with the separate sections....I tried to have them be "all brads"..."all eyelets"..."all buttons"...etc...
But, they all ended up being a smorgasgord of items, unfortunately. I have found these plastic see throughs at ACM's and I think M's.
They come in clear, pink and blue. I prefer the clear so I can view colors better.
GOOD LUCK! We'll miss you!
Joanie:nod:

Vintagegal
03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I feel (felt) your pain. I don't know how many embellishments you have. You need to pull out your Longaberger baskets and put them to good use, girl! LOL! What types of embellies do you have and how much do you have to organize? I agree with the spice jar idea, or the round tins that have a clear top and a magnet stuck on the bottom. Maybe you could put a cookie sheet up on the wall, near where you work, and stick those puppies (the tins) to the cookie sheet.

I would help you, if I could. Good luck, Kim!

hbpuppy
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't know what kind of embellies you are talking about but I found a huge pill dispenser at a garage sale. No not that little days of the week thing but like a 4 times a day for a week container. My dad saw it out the other day and said it must be designed for a hypochondriac. It has 28 compartments that I put eyelets and things in the compartments according to color. It works for me.

Hurry and clean up girl. You gotta get back to crafting!

Christie
03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
That's it, your grounded until you clean your room. No crafting allowed!:cute:

MidwestStamper
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm right there with you! All my stuff is stacked around me and I probably have a 2'x2' working area also!

I have two plastic chests for lots of my embelishments and my ink refills. These are the kind that I think are made for nails and screws, but they have all these little drawers. One has smaller drawers (maybe 2" wide) and is opaque but I can remember what I have in them. The other has clear drawers and they're bigger (mayber 4" wide) and lots of my ebellies that are on 'cards' fit in them as is. I love this!

emmcee
03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not going to ground you, because I need to clean my mess up too. I usually make my cards at the kitchen table, right now it's sort of orderly, well at least 2 people can eat at the table now instead of one! :nod:
I use Mason canning jars, the pint size, for my ribbons and buttons. and a clear colored box with compartments for my brads. But that's about all of my organizational skills. :mad:

moosemama
03-30-2007, 01:11 PM
The clear jars for storing items is really helpful. I don't know how much ribbon you have, but I have been buying those big clear glass jars(like what people store flour/sugar in) at target and rolling the ribbons onto the old fashioned clothes pins. I really like that method. I can see what I have and I am going to start with plain ribbons in one jar and patterned in the other. I don't like rolling it up though! What a pain, and then if you lose your grip you have to start all over. LOL Just remember, baby steps.....15 minutes at a time--

limeyscrapper
03-30-2007, 04:37 PM
So your work space is getting smaller - so what, I hear cards are getting smaller too ( inchies ) so you can still craft, even in a really tight space!

ellie
03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh boy Kim, you scared me! I thought you meant you were done forever!!! Don't fret...we have all been there...myself, well I have been there several times. I am so messy when I stamp and I always have several projects going at once. It feels good to get it done though.

Deborah
03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Have a look at Ethel's blog for some "clean-up inspiration," and GOOD LUCK Kim, we'll be waiting to see you back!

If you're brave enough, take some before-and-after pictures for us!

We're cheering you on!!