PDA

View Full Version : Update on my cleaning!

hutchink
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Well I did take before photo's....it is really bad...but if you want to see check out my blog (http://hutchinkdesigns.blogspot.com/).

I got a lot done today while Ben took his nap! I wanted to do more but my BF (best friend) called and made dinner for me and the boys so I went over to her house. So, I will do some more once DH gets home in about 40 minutes.

I will tell you that now you can see the top of my desk and table.

Someone posted that I should put my embellishments in those round magnetic containers on a cookie sheet....where do you get the round containers with the clear lids?

~K

Vintagegal
03-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Kim! It may be bad, but it looks like you can get it cleaned up sooner than it took me!

The magnetic bottom containers.....well, if you can't find the magnetized ones you can always glue or stick some magnets the bottom (buy the magnets at Michael's or Hobby Lobby or Joann's).

I would imagine that you'd be able to look online and order them that way. I would google "Round Tin". Oriental Trading Co may also sell them. Check that out also.

Good luck! You can do it! (I see a Longaberger basket on the floor! You're just like me! There's Longaberger in each room, but I just don't know how to use it wisely).

cindi
03-30-2007, 10:31 PM
mine looked that bad..ok, worse 2 months ago! lol
You will divide & conquer & be glad you did! LOL
Let me know if you need a cheerleader, although I'm not that cute in a mini skirt!
attack it & then craft on
:)

directmailscrapper
03-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Kim, we have more in common than I knew! LOL! I think I'd feel right at home! But I know you, you'll have it whipped into shape in no time. Good luck! Nancy

LinzyD
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Target sells them. They are in the cooking/storage area of the store with the spice racks. I think that is what you're talking about anyway....
HTH,
Linzy

PS. If you're embarssed of your "Mess", that would make me too ashamed to post pictures of mine!! :wideeyed:

Well I did take before photo's....it is really bad...but if you want to see check out my blog (http://hutchinkdesigns.blogspot.com/).

I got a lot done today while Ben took his nap! I wanted to do more but my BF (best friend) called and made dinner for me and the boys so I went over to her house. So, I will do some more once DH gets home in about 40 minutes.

I will tell you that now you can see the top of my desk and table.

Someone posted that I should put my embellishments in those round magnetic containers on a cookie sheet....where do you get the round containers with the clear lids?

~K

mjbonoan
03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
I only have one question... I'm sure my DH is dying to know... Are we related??

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude... but my area(s) is actually alot worse than yours since I don't have space. My stuff is scattered throughout the entire house. I promise I'll take pictures also and post on my blog. I have however, purchased a huge shelf with casters on it so I can start getting organized. My problem is that we have his and hers computers in a very small home office that also serves as my papercrafting area.
Good Luck!! I should start working on mine this weekend also!!!

ccstampin12
03-31-2007, 08:47 AM
I am still in the middle of the great transformation!
The one wall is semi-finished, but the rest of the room awaits some furniture from our other house that we will sell. This additional storage space should take care of everything!
(unless I buy more!)
You'll do just fine.
Good luck!
Joanie:cute:

toao
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
If you get the small round tins from Oriental Trading...BEWARE, the lids just barely slide on, so I wouldn't suggest using them on the wall or you will have a mess!

Best wishes on reorganizing! I know it will look great.

Mary

laos348
03-31-2007, 11:54 AM
This must be organizing month because my area is really bad too so today I'm going to try and tackle it!!

Laura

smileycollector
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Kim! I always enjoy seeing everyone's craft spaces, especially the really messy ones. It makes me feel better, because mine looks this way most of the time too!! : ) I do TRY to take time between projects to clean up a bit as I struggle being creative if I have too much clutter around me.
Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to the "after" photos too.
Smiles, Pam :)

ellie
03-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Kim, I don't think that's too bad. My stamp table gets smaller and smaller every time I stamp. I guess that I will have to do some cleaning today too. It always feels so good when it's done. Keep us posted on your progress.