PDA

View Full Version : looking for tips

cindi
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
well actually help!
I have a hard time with stamps that are a soloid stamp withan image carved in it..do you know the kind I mean??
mine never come out good, like they hardly show.
Any advice?
:)

JBgreendawn
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
you mean like a negative image stamp?

have you tried stamping them upside down?
( I have a bum wrist and i am right handed so i cant hold alot of the stamps so i put the stamps on the table rubber side up then pat the ink pads on, then put the cardstock onto of the inked rubber and hold with one hand and rub with the other.) thats pretty much how i stamp just about everything.

Ive heard of people using their brayer to do this instead of their fingers but, it puts too much stress on my wrist to hold the tool and roll like that its easier for me to use fingertips.

hth,

Christie
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Are you stamping them on a very firm surface. My craft table is plastic and if the stamp is large they don't come out to well. I use a cutting board to stamp all m images on. Other then the above answer i can't help! Sorry.

loobylou
04-03-2007, 04:51 AM
A brayer is a great way to ink up the surface- 2 options
1. ink the barayer then roll onto the stamp and print as normal
2. ink the stamp with the inkpad in the normal way, place onto paper then roll your CLEAN brayer over the top of the stamp firmly. you can try the stamp upside down _or should I say ink side up with the paper ontop and then brayer with a CLEAN brayer over it to print the image.HTH
Sarah

countrycowgirl
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I always stamp on a stamp pad as well... which helps give an even image, no blank spots.

tesschap
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Great tips!

moon_beam23
04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Thats what I would have suggested too!

cindi
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I'll try these stamps again!
:)

kerry
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
You can also KISS the stamp with a background/fine image stamp without any ink...

Ink solid/etche image
Stamp a background or fine image stamp on the solid stamp
Stamp your image onto paper.

See what happens!!!

Kerry

directmailscrapper
04-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Try using the little cats eye pads. Hold your stamp upside down and dab ink all over the rubber surface. Then you won't get any lite areas with little or no ink. I forget this every once in a while and stamp light or lousy images!

JBgreendawn
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
oh i have two of those fiskars self healing mats on my table (stacked on top of each other) i tend to cut more with an xacto knife then the trimmers...

this is the surface that i stamp on also i put a piece of printer paper on top of the cut mat under the stamps,

hth

I've heard of people using old phone books for this then just ripping out the inked up pages as they get used. ( But I'm wondering if the type print would transfer to the cardstock so i have not tried that one )