PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make

Vintagegal
04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I am going to give up papercrafting for a while. :wideeyed:

I am getting back into quilting, again, and would like to finish a few quilts I've started. I have binding to finish on one; and I have to add a border and quilt another. Do you want to know how OLD these projects are? Oh... five years old. Yes. They've been abandoned for that long. They're both Thimbleberries patterns (for ladies who quilt), and I did use expensive fabric on them, so I DO need to finish them. Otherwise, it's like throwing money away. The first one (the one that has binding attached), just needs the binding to be turned over the edge and sewn down. It's a queen size quilt. The other one (the one that still needs borders and quilting) is for a twin bed. My son has just started taking quilting lessons at school (can you believe this?) and he's reminded me of my two unfinished quilts.

Thank goodness I have commited only to just one swap.

I will probably tackle a stamping project now and again, but until I feel better about finishing these quilts, I probably won't commit to anything else for a while.

prdesigns
04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
But you just got your craft room back in shape.... does it have your sewing machine in there too? I don't remember seeing it... I know, you were just cleaning up so you could finish your other projects!!!

My ds had a sewing class, he was so proud (everybody loves the sewing teacher!!! 8th grade) He made p.j. bottoms, two pillows, a hat for the dog (ha ha) and a duffle bag he uses every day as his 'back pack'.

Best wishes quilting!

dreis1
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Ethel, I commend you for finishing up your quilting. I have four grand-children. I made all of them a quilt. I was on the last one when I got sick and don't have it finished. I embroided the squares on it, it is patchwork. I have an embroidery sewing maching, and used it to make the squares. I have the quilt done up to putting the binding on and then just doing the corner tacking on each square.

Sewing at this point makes me so nervous that I just can't stand tothink about it. My DGS will be 4 yrs on the 16th of this month. I just wish I could get up the umph to get his quilt finished.

I said all that to say this, you will be so happy that you have them finished . I am sure your family will be happy also. Sounds like you DS is going to take after his Mom's creative ability. WTG Glinda

Firecracker
04-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Good for you Ethel! I can't wait to see the finished quilts. Hugs, Heather

teabear
04-04-2007, 03:49 PM
That's great Ethel. I have a red & white pinwheel quilt that's been begging me to finish it and I have a vintage quilt top that needs to be quilted too. I may join soon :)

ccstampin12
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey, Ethel!
I hope you are going to take a quick break to do your 3 kits that I'm sending you tomorrow! LOL
I hope you like your kits!
Joanie

toao
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Good for you Ethel! How exciting. I would LOVE to see your quilts. I have two that I need to finish also. I've thought about giving up papercrafting myself lately. *gasp* I know it's a tough decision, and I applaud you for it. Please post some pics for us to see!!

Mary

Trapedinga
04-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh Ethel:swoon:
I was so afraid you were going to stop all together. I glad you decided to take a break and finish your quilts. I have 2 sticheries(sp) that I really need to finish, one is for my DM who is now 71. I'm not sure I could get it done in her lifetime or not. Most of it is embroidery and for years I couldn't see to work on it. My eyes are better now and I really need to break it back out.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Glad to hear DS is following in your footsteps. Mine can be artistic when he wants and he does a little sewing. He has "Home Ec" this year in school, and is enjoying it.
Good luck to you on getting those quilts done.

Donna

Deborah
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
We'll be patient till we can see your paper crafting beauties again! :)

buggainok
04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Good for you to finish things that are weighing on your mind. You put too much time and effort into them to let them languish unfinished!

Quilting is probably the one thing that I have not tried yet, so I have it to look forward to, lol.

I have sewed clothing, house things, and baby clothes all my life, but have never, ever made a quilt.

I am sure that when I do get into it, it will be like every other hobby/obsession I have gotten involved in, so I will pick my time very carefully.