PDA

View Full Version : An observation on my part that i have made recently ...

iloveflipflops
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Wanna hear what it is??!?

When I use make my cuttlebug backgrounds, my wonderful #1 can't be beat 2sided sticky tape (Duck brand from Walmart) does not hold onto them. They hold at first but then later, they tend to come off. So now I have to remember to use glue dots when i use the cuttlebug backgrounds.... Does this make sense?

I can only imagine what my Easter cards looked like as I sent them out BEFORE I realized this so they may have shown up in pieces. You would tell me wouldn't you? I wont' be too embarrassed if you tell me they were falling apart. HA HA

JBgreendawn
04-05-2007, 10:35 AM
oh no...
(that is what i have been using for cards) hee hee no ones told me they got them in pieces yet though... we may be safe?

last time i went to the dollar tree i seen they had some tape dispenser type adhesive so i bought two. (don't waste your money doesn't stick)
there foam dots are OK though.

ccstampin12
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
OOOPS!
Me too!
I'll remember this tip!
Thanks!
Joanie

Christie
04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I need to buy some gluedots. Regular glue stick holds ok but not great. Glad I'm not the only one having problems

Erin K
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
My fancy adhesive I tried to make you all buy from http://www.stampo.com DOES hold.

the easter card you sent me is right here, lemme look, It held. In one corner it was popping up but not bad. :)

buggainok
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I will share with you my latest and greatest adhesive find. It is a sticky tape that comes on a roll with a liner. It will hold anything down, even Cuttlebug embossing.

The great thing about it besides how good it works, is that it is cheap, cheap, cheap. You get a roll with 55 yards of 1/4" tape for only $3.95. I ordered 5 rolls so I won't run out. It comes from a company in Hawaii, but they ship pretty fast with priority mail. You can get it wider, but I like the 1/4" because you can use it with most ribbons, too.

Someone on Splitcoast told me about it, and I just love it.

http://www.thepaperpaletteonline.com/other_products.html

prdesigns
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I've used the red tacky tape, and have also found that using my glue stick works if I load up and put a gunky amount on the flatter parts of the paper.

ellie
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
uh oh, I hope my cards aren't falling apart in the mail. I will have to remember this. Thanks Sherri for posting this!

suzi_f
04-05-2007, 05:52 PM
My card is fine. Now that I look at it, the matted image is not sticking in one corner ON TO the b/g. Odd huh? Love the duck tape!! Did you get in on the UHU trial?? I wonder if it holds. Hey, you sent me some C/B B/Gs, maybe I'll try to see???