PDA

View Full Version : What do you mean when you "index" your new stamps?

directmailscrapper
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Earlier this week there was a poll about what do you do with your new stamps. Many of you said you indexed them right away, even if you don't design with them right away. What is this? Sounds like a good idea, but I have no idea what you are doing...:skeptical:

hutchink
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
It is when you stamp them all images in a main book that you keep of all your stamps! I have yet to do it...sounds good though!

~K

ccstampin12
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah! That does sound like a cool idea. I think IF I ever do that, I'd stamp all of my SU! and TAC ones first as I never remember what I have.
The rest are in shallow drawers which are labeled by type or company, so I can see those.
ONE more thing to do to help with organizing!
Joanie

mom_on_line
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea, even though I don't have a lot (yet!). Do you put them in categories like animals, florals, etc?

MidwestStamper
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I stamp all my new stamps into an ongoing book, before I put them away. I usually note which company makes them, the name if it's a set, where I bought them, and the month and year. Sometimes I'll make a special note if I got it on clearance or won it. I started to put all these images in categories but I haven't kept up.

mom_on_line
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks. It is a good idea, start while I can! I should do it for my ink pads, too.

JBgreendawn
04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
we are actually having a beautiful day here...
tell ya what i will take a photo of mine. (in a little bit)http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5338

but, yes, its just a fabric covered 3 ring binder i got at big lots some time ago with regular costco Avery page protectors in it, ( except the front has slide mount pocket page protectors) with 2 x2 inch squares of my ink pad samples. (I got this idea at two peas) then there are stamps.
they are kinda in categories:
alphabets (mounted) unmounted alphabets, um i have a whole page of Thank-you stamps (seems like every single su set has one eh?)
other word stamps in category's like birthday, thinking of you, congratulations and encouragement. I don't have much of baby stuff so my few images and words are together.
leaves, flowers, gardens, food. etc etc etc. the images i have stamped i write under them the info on the stamp say SU 1998 or PSX 2000
( some I have more details on them) and now when i buy a su set instead of stamping it for the book i put the index sticker sheet on the copy machine and print one off for the book)
I don't leave my su sets in sets, i also purge stamps on a regular basis too.

hth,

shurlyjean
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Wow.... I don't do all the details, but I have a binder by subject with images, company and where I keep the stamp. Helps TREMENDOUSLY!!!

Shirley

Patty
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Mine are all sorted, but I have yet to "log" them. What I'm planning to do is scan them into folders (in comp). Then put on DVD. If I'm thinking correctly then when I buy more I can scan them and add them to the appropriate folder.

mom_on_line
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
OK, Stacy! I should have known you'd have it all organized!! :laugh:

JBgreendawn
04-05-2007, 07:59 PM
well that doesnt mean the stamps are all put away properly...
( and i just got happy mail (so an older psx huge seashell was just ripped out of the envelope)
so now its back upstairs i go ...
( gotta stamp it )

mom_on_line
04-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Have fun with your new stamp!!

directmailscrapper
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Stacy, you scare me! And BTW, I LOVE the container you store your pens in. I had been looking for something JUST LIKE that. I had gone to the Container Store, to a Hardware store and to an art store -- no one had anything like it. Then I saw your post the other day and said "Eureka!" I had my office order me 4 of the XCubes (I'll reimburse them) and I'm putting my markers and pencils in them! Thank you! Nancy

smileycollector
04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
OMG Stacy! I am SO totally impressed with your organized notebook! WOW, that is fantastic! :) Thanks for sharing it with us. Smiles, Pam :)

spredbirds
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I love your book too Stacy .... I wish I had done this a long time ago ... now I have too many to start this (it could take me days even months)

Nice Job - Chelsea

Christie
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I love this idea! I think I might do this too!

JBgreendawn
04-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I just started a little at at time maybe 8 or 9 months ago.
and i didn't set a time limit to how long it would take me to finish it...
( its kinda a work in progress)
the pain part comes in when i purge stamps i have to find the images in it to remove them...)
I photo copy the stamp pages for my mil and best friend (who borrow my stamps and i have a nother book in the closet that is pages they have given to me of their stamps.)
I'm planning to do my embossing powders soon.
( i cant remember what i have and there are some kewl colors out from ranger now and I eyeball them every time I'm in a stamp store)
:)