PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Church.. I feel bad

Erin K
04-08-2007, 09:56 AM
So I know it's Easter and all but...

this next part is maybe more than you want to read...

I have recently gotten my period back. Which is totally unfair as I still Nurse Ethan about 4-5 times a day but I guess it's not enough. So because I can't take Birth Control pills or anything I have horrible periods. I feel like I am going to die. (this is what made me sick the other day) It's more than cramps, it's just terrible. Today is the worst day and church for us is just over 3 hours and I cannot do it. Not with a wiggily kid and all.

I'm going to send Stephen with Brian and me and Ethey E will stay home I guess.

:mask: :confused: :cry2:

loobylou
04-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Erin, Mine came back when I was still feeding too- and very quickly after I was pregnant again. Don't know if this is good news for you or not
Sarah

JBgreendawn
04-08-2007, 10:02 AM
have you talked to your dr is there anything at all they can give you thats safe for the baby? ( its been so long i just don't remember stuff like this)

hbpuppy
04-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling so horrible Erin. What a big bummer about the periods. I hope you feel better soon. Don't beat yourself up about missing church. It's hard to pay attention or enjoy it when you are in agony.

dgbearsmom
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
After Davin was born I had the worst periods ever. Something to do with the hormones and apparently it's very common. Last year my doctor did an endometrial ablation where they burn off the lining of the uterus. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's with a laser and you are asleep the whole time. Most people have cramps for a day or so, but I had no pain at all. Sometimes they can get the whole thing and you just don't have periods anymore. There was one spot on mine they couldn't get and so I still have them, but they are very light.

Of course, if you are planning more children, you wouldn't be able to do that, but if not you might ask your doctor about it. I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones that never had them anymore, but I can live with the ones I have now. I'm sure once you go back on birth control pills it will help too. I just didn't want to do that, but I'm a lot older than you too. And I knew I didn't want more children.

Judy

mjbonoan
04-09-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't have children, but I do have horrible periods due to fibroids. It's the worst feeling in the world. I can't even describe mine when I don't make it to the commode without making a mess.

Ask your Dr. about taking Naproxene, it's the only thing that's made my periods lighter, shorter and less crampy. Of course my problem is nothing like yours but you never know what might help!

Hope you feel better.