PDA

View Full Version : I'm home

suzi_f
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Ok, I've been home since 10pm on Tuesday. Why in the world when your only gone 1 day does it take 2 days to recover???

Chicago was ok. We arrived about 7pm on Monday. Dumped our stuff in the hotel room (pretty nice room) and went to Lands End. $177 later, we hit Target. DD nor DS could find any Cubs shirts they wanted (dd INISISTS she MUST have a pink shirt, nothing else will do) but I found Autumn Leaves stamps. WOOOHOOO. I got the cutest set of flower stamps. Anything else they had was sold out :( Why doesn't MY target have these cute things. This target also had Prima flowers & a bunch of MM stuff.

The game pretty much sucked. I mean, I knew they would lose & probably lose badly but...... I should know to never trust my dh. He made us walk around the ballpark twice because he 'knew' the right entrance to go into. Uh, no, he didn't. We sat w/the bleacher people but in "real" seats. That was fun, NOT! Why do drunk people feel it's so witty to "fight" w/the other bleacher people. All game we heard "right field sucks" or "left field sucks". WHY??? The Cubs suck, but don't attack your fellow fan!! The weather wasn't too bad. The sky clouded up a bit & that's when we got cold. We got out our blankets and all was good. Actually, when the sun came back out, we heated up nicely and, by the time we walked the mile & half to where our car was parked, I was HOT!!!

We left at the top of the 8th as the Cubs were losing & not ONE BALL had been hit anywhere near where we were sitting. It was one of the dullest ball games I've been to (of course, I consider ANY ballgame dull!) We got stuck in traffic on the way home and dh deciced that next time, we should spend two night in a hotel (ya think???) so we don't have to drive home tired. DUH!

Yesterday I did laundry (all the laundry was caught up before we left. How was there more laundry to do 32 hours later??) and bought groceries and other junk so I didn't get to catch up here or do any stamping. Now, even tho I'm 3 pages behind on posts, I'm going to go stamp!!! I'll get caught up eventually. I need more stuff to post on my blog :P