PDA

View Full Version : Self-Addressed Monthly Club Members

GrammaStamper
04-18-2007, 08:22 AM
In the April kit were some stamps by Purple Onion, specifically the "ledger" style stamps. Can anyone tell me how these stamps would be used? I just cannot envision how to make it work and would appreciate some advice. You can see the stamps here (http://www.purpleoniondesigns.com/newstamps.html). Just scroll down to see the Scalloped Ledger designs.

shuggy
04-18-2007, 08:45 AM
i got that too and was wondering!! the longer scalloped on, you could use as a caption and stamp or write a few words in it. maybe the round one can be used as a conversation bubble?

teabear
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Hmmmm....those are interesting. I see them stamped off on a scrap first, so they are stamped lightly on your paper and then stamp a bold sentiment inside of them, not on the lines so it looks more like a doodle. It looks good in my mind! LOL

Erin K
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I cut the stuff out of the middle and now just have scalloped frame stamps.

Did you know that there is a stamp set that matches that owl paper? It isn't Purple Onion and it seems that SA has a relationship with them, but man I wish we had gotten that, the owl is sooo cute. The set is the owl and some of those cool flowers on the owl paper.

1of2shoes
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey Barb, I'll be playing with my SA kit this weekend. I'll post the cards I make with those stamps. Truth be told, I haven't even looked at the stamps yet, so I guess I'm in for a challenge. Oh goody!

GrammaStamper
04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks, ladies. I'll look forward to seeing what you create, Debbie. Tami, your idea sounds very plausible. I'll give that a try. Erin, what owl paper? Did I miss something in my kit? I'll go check. Hope these help you too, Angie.

Erin K
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Barb THIS CARD (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5458&ppuser=44) shows the owl paper. See it?

Don't make anything super great with the stamps because like I said, i already cut the ledger stuff out of mine! heehee. I love them now by the way.