PDA

View Full Version : Have you see Mr. Barky Vonsnauzer?

Robinkay
04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I love that commercial...I can't remember what it is a commercial for but I love it. What other names do you call your pets? My beagle is Hazel...but one of the names I have for her are...Hazel Basil.;)

Robinkay

mydogstinks2
04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I love the comercial too! I can't even tell you what they are trying to sell LOL

I call Fred:

The princess, (he dosen't know he's a boy!)
my little weinersnitzel

my DH calls Fred the little brown turd

cindi
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
I call Zack, My little noodle-no idea why, but I do
and Lucky boy, I call my fuzzy buddy
ahh, pet names!
:)

shuggy
04-23-2007, 10:17 AM
my little weinersnitzel

this has got to be the best thing i've heard in a long time!!:laugh:

craftingcrazy
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
When I saw the title of this post, it brought a smile to my face. I love this commerical too! I don't have any funny names to share for our one pet dog, but thanks for making me smile on this early Monday work day!
Donna

iloveflipflops
04-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I am not sure I have seen that commercial but it sounds funny. I am not that original - I call Ladybug "Ladybugger" and Max (our guinea pig) Maxie. ha ha

ccstampin12
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
have many names.
Big ginger tabby is officially named Mack...but nicknames include Macky Doodle, Doo, DooBuds, Buddy Wuddy Woo Woo.
If you're not gagging from the corniness yet I'll continue with our second cat! LOL
Small, tiny little gray and white kitty named Arcadia...(DD named her~think she said it means a pleasant place in Greek).
We call her Bebe (with the accents), OOTA Bebe, Skeeter, Gray.
Love our kitties and they love us back, no matter what we call them.....as long as it's not late for dindin!
Joanie:laugh:

jewele803
04-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I think the commercial is for Petco or Petsmart...it always makes me smile. Our dogs have SO many nicknames...the bozos, monkeys, peanuts, the baby girls...the list goes on and on:) Of course the are also variations on their names too...Ginger is G, G-Money and Gigi. Shadow is Shay, Shayzer and Shady...our neighbors must thinks we are nuts call them in from outside...I'm always yelling, come in and get your treats (insert various name here).

My3Ds
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
It is a funny commercial - is it for insurance?? Our pets were Lucy, Ethel and Freeway. No real nick names, Lucy was Lucers.

ccstampin12
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Here's a cute one some friends named their dog.
She was named YEE.
So when they called her they called, "Here Yee, Here Yee!"
So funny!
Joanie

My3Ds
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
that's funny. I always felt funny when I called Ethel in to the house because our neighbors name is Ethel although she goes by Giddy.

MidwestStamper
04-23-2007, 10:44 AM
My cat is named Skittles, but I call her Skit-so alot (short for schitzophrenia--sp?). She's very easily startled, so she has goofy expressions on her face alot of the time!

GrammaStamper
04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
We call our cat by several pet names. His real name is Hank and depending on his mood he's Hanker the Wanker, or Hank the Skank! There are others, but some not printable!

1of2shoes
04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll tell you what nicknames I call my kitties, but not my DH! :)

Cheeto is a 19 lb orange tabby and I call him Cheeto, Cheetie, Cheets and big boy.

Frankie is an 8 lb fluffy orange little girl and I call her Franklin, Franks, Frankie-doodle and girly girl.

Gizmo is an 18lb Bengal and I call him Gizzie, Gizzer, Gizmonster and "get off of that!"

inkinupstamps
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
'Bella is a variety of names: Bella-boo, girly-girl, big girl, baby girl
Tango is frequently called "the orange terror" by my husband though Tango is actually very sweet.
And then we generally refer to Tango and Merlin as the Bubba-brothers or Roofus and Doofus.
Renoir is just Renoir. She is sweet and demure and yet rules over all of the other critters.

:)
Jennifer

teabear
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
This is hilarious! Glad to know I'm not alone here :) We refer to our dogs collectively as The Girls

Shelly our 40 pound viszla is called Shelly Bell most of the time

Mabel the tiny pup has been dubbed Mabelline and I refer to her as a herd of mice because when she runs across the floor she sounds like a herd of mice.

ellie
04-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I havent seen that commercial....I am stuck with those STUPID cavemen. Man, I am sick of that commercial.
We have a chocolate lab named Zoe. I call her baby....nothing too imaginative. I will admit that sometimes when I am in a hurry, I call her by my son's name or vice-versa!

RDRD4
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I have two pugs. The girl is Lucy her nickname is( baby girl ). She is the baby of the house. The boy is Ricky and is nickname is ( Daddy boy) He loves my DH. When DH is home Ricky is right by him even when DH gose to the bathroom Ricky is right there by him. LOL

Do you know why I named the dogs Lucy and Ricky ?

My3Ds
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
--------------quote=RDRD4;70099]I have two pugs. The girl is Lucy her nickname is( baby girl ). She is the baby of the house. The boy is Ricky and is nickname is ( Daddy boy) He loves my DH. When DH is home Ricky is right by him even when DH gose to the bathroom Ricky is right there by him. LOL

Do you know why I named the dogs Lucy and Ricky ?[/quote]

kerry
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't seen that commercial!

My JRT is named Peanut...I call her Pea-nuttier or just Peanut...Her original breeder name was Dolly (after Dolly Parton) but she was so small when she was a baby I thought Peanut fit her well. She didn't look like a Dolly to me!

Sometimes I call her cacahuete...Ka-ka-wah-tay...Spanish for Peanut. My spanish speaking students told me how to say her name in spanish over 7 years ago and I think it sounds so cute...

Kerry

Erin K
04-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I call mine:
Sassy - Sassafrasslass, Sasscat, Fleabag
Charlotte - Char, Charbear, Let Let, Fatty, Fleabag
Kitty - Fluffy Von Fluffyface, Pretty Kitty, Fleabag

they all have fleas.

buggainok
04-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Just love this thread. Aren't we funny about our pets?

Our largest cat is a 16 lb tuxedo black and white named Jack. He is always called Jack the Brat. He clumsy, galumping, and very needy and lovey-dovey. He can walk on the kitchen counter and knock things off without even trying. He also likes to stick out his paw and snag your sleeve as you walk by because he wants to be petted.

We have a tiny grey and white female cat named Alice, and for some unknown reason, my dh insists on calling her Pauline, go figure.

Our tiny toy poodle is named Monet, but we call her "Little Girl" a lot.

Kreative Dryve
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
my yellow lab-mix is Tater Tot. I always call her Tot. But I think she thinks her name is "Get off that couch":nod:
~MJ