PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this or am I the only freak

Erin K
04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
So when you stamp an image, especially if it has areas of black have you noticed sometimes the black isn't as solid as you like? I take a marker and fill it all in, then I take a thin pen and go over almost all the lines. I do this on almost everything I stamp. The good thing is that if there is a tiny area that didn't stamp right I can just fix it.

So is it just me? Am I OCD about this?

tojoco
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
If you're obsessive compulsive then I guess I am too. I use my millenium pen to close in all the gaps that aren't stamped right.

Jarie
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Erin,

I have done that some. I've actually seen that tip in print but I can't remember where.

Janet

ctinyjoy
04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I have been known to fix a stamped image if it is just a small fix. If it involves coloring a section in to make it look right, I usually toss it and re-stamp.

emmcee
04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I usually keep stamping til I get it all solid, now I need to save energy & cardstock and use something to fill the black spaces in. You are not OCD, just an energy saver. :spinny:

Christie
04-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I've done this too. I don't do it on all stamps but I do it on images that didn't come out perfect.

teabear
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
That's a good idea! I can't stand partial black images. I just throw em out and start over. I've found that Brilliance inkpad or Versafine give the best black images depending on the amount of detail.

shuggy
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
i don't do that. it would drive me nuts to start doing that!!

Sherry
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I too will re-stamp. I'm a perfectionist to some degree but not that perfect :)

directmailscrapper
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
It depends. If a little line or two is all it takes, I'll fix it. If it's a lot, I restamp. I finally found a black cats eye pad -- I want to see if it will help me get a better image on some of the ones that seem impossible to stamp properly!

inkinupstamps
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
For me, I toss the errored paper and start over with a restamp. I know I waste paper that way but I just have to have a complete stamped image. Just me......

Jennifer :)

Erin K
04-23-2007, 08:50 PM
see I know a nice pigment pad like versafine gives a better image but with my markers I can't use that, so I use palette and sometimes the black just looks fadded, like in the beak of that flamingo I did so I just fill it back in with a marker.

ALSO if you use colored pencil and go over the detail lines it fades them some because the pencil is opague so I just go back over with pen and then it's all better.

I really like it, I just wondered if it was overboard. Doesn't matter if it is, I'll still do it! heehee

LinzyD
04-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I use the pen-filler technique too, Erin.

hutchink
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I do some times too! But sometimes I like the not so filled look...aged look, I guess you could say!

~K

mjbonoan
04-23-2007, 11:30 PM
I've done that occassionally, but It's hard for me since I don't have steady hands with the carpal tunnel!