PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get a package from PC?

Erin K
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I got a package with a DVD and "$17 worth of scrapbook materials"

Anyone else get it?

Erin K
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh it's cute, the materials are 5 cards, 5 envelopes and 5 little baggies of junk to make the cards.

i'll watch the DVD and see if that's cool too

bubblegum girl
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Did they tell you what it was for? Maybe they are feeling guilty for pushing everybody off the site (yeah right). no pkg from PC for me (as of yest). what type of supplies did yopu get? cmas? bday?

Erin K
11-08-2006, 03:16 PM
well...
The DVD is 2 hours long and it's pretty cool, the card thingies are:
Just Because (blue and brown)
Friend (multicolored)
Family (fall colors)
I love you (red and cream)
and Happy Birthday (pink)

There is a catch though. If I do'nt want to keep it i'm supposed to send it back in this return mailer they included. If I want to keep it i'm supposed to pay $7 and then future ones will come too, and I'll have to pay for those too!

So I'm watching it then sending it back.

Spartymom
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Last thing I want to do, is pay for something every month. I'm already paying for these dinasour cards that my daughter wanted. It is fun to get stuff in the mail, they sure do know how to get you. Kim

Erin K
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know how they can send you something and expect you to pay for it... Is that allowed?

lost luggage
11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Normally when that happens (Card Maker Magazine just hit me with this) they send you the free gift and tell you about the program. If you want it, you're supposed to send the mailer back in and check the YES box. If you don't want it, you should be able to keep the crap they sent you... cheapskates.

Erin K
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I know! I totally expected to be able to keep this DVD and if I wanted more I'd have to send a card and maybe money.

They just gave me two choices
1. Keep it AND send us $7 and we will send you more which we will bill you for (they do not say how much the future ones will cost)

or

2. Send it back in the postage paid mailer.

What if I had thrown the whole thing away? I bet they can't really make me pay for it ya know? I bet they just are betting on me being scared into returning it.

It's a cool DVD though, I"m watching it right now on the computer. Oh and it says I can keep the card kits either way, so that's cool, they are pretty cute.

iloveflipflops
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
You must be special Erin :)

No package here...

Erin K
11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure the people who moderate the PC board said, "This Erin Kellogg girl is a LOUD MOUTH and won't be able to resist telling all her friends about it, we'd better send one to her" hehe, and I thought they didn't like me!

lost luggage
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Burn the DVD and send it to all of us for free...that'll teach 'em. lol

workin4stamps
11-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I got one too! In today's mail. I haven't opened it yet. Stuff like that irritates me. Why should I have to waste my time to mail it back to them when I didn't ask for it in the first place? I'm gonna open it up and check it out though!!! LOL

Traci

workin4stamps
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Okay...here's what it says ....

"Just return the DVD using the postage paid label inside. There's no cost to you or questions asked. Because you didnt order this video, you are under no obligation to do anything. But we appreciate your returning it, because then we can offer another subscriber the same preview opportunity"

I might send it back now since they are so nice about it. However, my other question is this:

Are you supposed to start a sentence with the word "But"? I always thought that was a grammatical no-no???? I'm wondering who they have doing their proofreading. Am I wrong???

just being picky!

Traci

little01jd
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I got one of these this summer. It sounds like the same thing I got. You keep the cards and watch the DVD. Then keep it if you want and pay the $$$ to get more. If not, send it back at their expense. I sent it back and kept the cards. I heard of some copying the DVD and then sending it back. When you sign up you have to check whether they can send you things of interest from time to time. If that is checked, then you are in the group to get stuff from time to time.

HTH,
Janeen

Erin K
11-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Traci,
Where does it say you can keep it? I can't find that anywhere and I really want to keep mine! I'll pass it around after I watch it again!

:)

Erin K
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
nevermind I saw it exactly one second after I posted!

maxiesmom
11-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd keep it. I believe postal regs are that you are NOT required to send back or pay for something that was sent to you unsolicited. I remember hearing about something similar to this on another board within the past year.
my 2 cents

Kathy

shurlyjean
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I think they have you pegged... a good person to advertise with.

S