PDA

View Full Version : Giga or Mega?? Scalloped Oval or Circle?

stampcrazyjulie
04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Burning questions! Which do you all prefer? Do you have all of them? Is one a must have more then the other? I am talking about the Marvy Uchida punches of course! I am planning on securing me a couple for Mother's Day, but I wanted to check with you Ladies First & see what I should get! :twitcy: LOL!

directmailscrapper
04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Julie!

First rule of buying these punches. ONLY buy the ones with the "clever lever". The other ones aren't worth their weight as paper weights.

I now have these: Giga: Scalloped and plain oval, scalloped circle
Mega: scalloped circle.

I NEED (yea right) the Mega regular circle.

I recommend that you get the Gigas in Scalloped and the Megas in plain. Then you can layer.

Have fun!

Nancy

Vintagegal
04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree with the "buy only clever lever." I've killed my hand and wrist trying to use the other punches (like from Punch Bunch or McGill).

I have both of the sizes (Giga and Mega) of the scalloped punches and solid lined punches. I just haven't played a lot with them (haven't really done much cardmaking lately). But, I can definitely use all of the sizes.

iloveflipflops
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Get Them All!!!

smileycollector
04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I got the Giga Scalloped Square and the Giga Scalloped Circle and wish I had bought the Mega Plain Square & Circle to layer. And, if I get the oval I would want the same thing...Giga Scalloped and Mega plain. They are pricey, but when I ordered two Gigas from the Marvy Uchida site, I got FREE shipping which is great because they are heavy! :)

Erin K
04-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm getting all the scalloped gigas.
I have the mega straight circle and the mega scalloped square.

I want the mega stright oval too. I figure I can cut a mega straight square.

JBgreendawn
04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I only know the purples are the gigas so i started with a giga oval scallop and the same color plain oval Quickly went back to the store and got the same thing in pinks... then eventually found the blue oval (plain)
then Ordered the square scallops in purple and pink from J's on line, then that same week got lucky and found the circles in a store.
(so yep, what ever you start with, eventually you'll end up with them all...)

which shape appeals to you most is probably the best way to start?
hth,

stampcrazyjulie
04-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks, Ladies! I have seen so many wonderful cards that you all make using the scalloped circle and oval punches. I didn't realize that I needed to layer with the regular round/oval as well. I was thinking that they were all scalloped. I do have the Sizzix Circles so I wonder if they will do as the regular circles?

Everybody is still out of the punches here in Utah but they have to get them in sometime, right? I checked with our Robert's & they ordered some 3 weeks ago & they still have not gotten them in yet.

Everytime I go look for the punches I look for the Purple & Pink to stand out....now I need to worry about Blue??? Oh no! :)

I think I had better start a list! :)

Erin K
04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
You don't HAVE to layer, people just like to, You should try your sizzix and see if it works and save some $$ that way.