PDA

View Full Version : Another health topic, Electro Shock Therapy

Kreative Dryve
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
No not really, but the headline got your attention.
My shoulder is still giving me fits, I am on my 10th different anti-inflammatory medication. None has taken away the constant ache in my left shoulder, but they do have me feeling like a zombie, and the last one raised my blood pressure to high levels, (142/96) that is not me at all, I usually run (106/68).
So stopped that one, that was the only one that didn't make me tired. The it started to also give me heartburn, another side affect.
I still have fluid and inflammation post surgery (Oct), and they are saying that my capsule is loose, and they might have not taken enough bone out so it doesn't rub against my bicep tendons.
I am on my 6th session of Physical Therapy, which is making me stronger, but has not helped in the sense of making my arm sit where it's susposed too.

Which brings me back to my shock therapy, my Physical Therapist, decided to try a different route, and gave me a device that is called TENS, it basically stimulates around my joint area, to try to break up my stale-mate inflammation. Lets hope it works, because in July it will be a year since my injury, and I am still having pain everyday. I am even looking at another surgery to tighten up my capsule, and to take more bone out. Yikes!
Doe anyone know the Miracle Saint of Shoulders??

~MJ

shuggy
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
oh mj, that's such a rough road to getting better! i hope it works and you feel better soon!

Nadine
04-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Oooo! I loved my TENS machine! It really did help and was pretty much instant in relieving the pain when you apply it. Just start off on the low levels and eventually you'll up your tolerance. My goal was to get to ten, but at about 6 I'd start twitching. lol I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!