PDA

View Full Version : What's the most time you've ever spent on ONE card?

directmailscrapper
04-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I just finished my first card from one of my new Collage stamps from Outlines -- and it took me a little over 3 hours. I'm making it for my Mom for Mother's Day -- and I enjoyed every minute of it. But I sure couldn't do one for a swap!:wideeyed: I'll post it in the Gallery.

How long have you spent on ONE card?

tesschap
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM
I haven't worked with an Outlines stamp in ages. They do take me a long time but they are so worth it. I can't wait to see yours in the gallery!

Vintagegal
04-29-2007, 01:10 AM
two to three hours, or even two to three days mulling over, stamping, re-stamping, re-designing a card.

If you looked at some of these finished cards they looks like someone just threw them together in 2 seconds. Like no inspiration or creativity went into them. That's the frustrating part for me.

And, sometimes, I'll actually be pleased with the outcome. So, that's good.

directmailscrapper
04-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm about to start another card today -- our 25th wedding anniversary is Tuesday. Why did I make a Mother's Day card FIRST and now I have to RUSH to make a special card for my hubby? I dunno! Wish me luck! Different Outlines stamp. I'll post when I'm done.

ccstampin12
04-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I made a couple of collage cards using this type of stamp a couple of years ago, and I know I must have spent several hours on each...probably around 3-4 hours. Thankfully, I only made 2 of one of them, and one of the other. I think they were both published in Somerset Studio way back when!
I haven't submitted anything to them in quite some time!
Good luck with your anniversary card!
Joanie

midnitecreations
04-29-2007, 03:00 PM
two to three hours, or even two to three days mulling over, stamping, re-stamping, re-designing a card.

If you looked at some of these finished cards they looks like someone just threw them together in 2 seconds. Like no inspiration or creativity went into them. That's the frustrating part for me.

And, sometimes, I'll actually be pleased with the outcome. So, that's good.

That's how I feel too. I thought I was the only one that re-designed my items. Feels so frustrating sometimes, and others, it just comes together in minutes.

teabear
04-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Some days it's fast and some days it goes on forever. I think about cards for a long time and then set them aside as I work on them to think about them some more. Right now I have lots of ideas floating around since I can't stamp yet.

Canadian, eh
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Can't wait to see your cards, Nancy. I spent 6 hours on my house mouse card for the swap I'm hosting. It took five hours and 7 12 x 12 pieces of paper to figure out I wasn't precise with my folds.:wacko:

ellie
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I think I have spent about 2 hours on the medallions from Holly Berry House. By the time you stamp, cut, layer, glue, and apply the glitter it takes about that long. They are so pretty when they are done but I can't send them to just anyone. It has to be someone like one of us who knows how much time and effort it takes.
I also have a stamp of a telephone from Museum of Modern Rubber. Both my sister and I have spent countless hours on trying to make this card...which actually rings when opened... and can't seem to master it. The directions are not clear in some parts so we have never finished one.