+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slimming Stamp Sisters Pizza Soup Recipe

1. Slimming Stamp Sisters Pizza Soup Recipe

I think this would make a great and flavourful soup recipe for the super-duper slimming stamp sisters!!

Pepperoni Pizza Soup

1 Tbsp. oil
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    ½ cup chopped onion
    1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
    1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
    1 cup water
    3 oz. sliced pepperoni
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat onion in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pizza sauce, broth, water, pepperoni and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with cheese

Makes 4 servings.

Calories: 296, carbohydrates: 14g, calories from fat: 64%, total fat: 21g, saturated fat: 7 g, sodium: 1 mg, dietary fiber: 3g, protein: 15g.
    Last edited by inkinupstamps; 12-01-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Jennifer

My blog

Ooooooo this sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe, Jennifer.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Thanks Jennifer!
    Think Ill make this tomorrow .
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

Jennifer,

This sounds yummy! I think I'll try it with sausage instead of pepperoni, since that's how I like my pizza

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos

Exclamation

I am not a nutritionist by any means...but this recipe has a lot of fat in it. Maybe you can try to cut it down by using turkey peperoni or low fat cheese.

6. I posted a more weight watchers friendly version on the other forum before I realized we had this forum. Hopefully someone will move it over! My version used turkey pepperoni and was 2 ww points per cup.

:-)
    Traci

+ Reply to Thread