+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ? menu for snacks

1. ? menu for snacks

This is the menu that Potawamtomi Inn provided us with:

TAKE A BREAK
    Afternoon Delight $4.95

Assorted Homemade Cookies, Whole Fresh Fruit, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
    Afternoon Rejuvenation $4.95
    Assorted Fresh Fruit Tray, Assorted Yogurt Cups, Pretzels, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
    Intermission Break $4.95
    Popcorn, Assorted Bags of Chips with Dip, Candy Bars, and Assorted Soft Drinks.
    $6.95
    Health Watch
    Whole Fresh Fruit, Granola Bars, Muffins, Assorted Yogurt Cups, Coffee, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
    Mid-Morning Stretch $6.95
    Homemade Coffeecake, Orange Juice, Coffee and Hot Tea. (Min. 20 people)
    After School Break $3.95
    Assorted Homemade Cookies, Coffee and Iced Tea.
    $5.95
    Create a Sundae
    Premium Vanilla Ice Cream with Various Toppings and Fresh Baked Cookies, Iced Tea and Lemonade.

Other items available upon request. Prices indicated are per person unless stated otherwise. All prices listed are subject to a 18% service
    charge and 6% sales tax. Prices subject to change. The guaranteed number of guest for your event must be given to the Sales Office no
    later than three business days prior to the function. Charges will be assessed from that number.

A LA CARTE
    Fresh Baked Cookies $12.95
    Double Fudge Brownies $22.95
    Chips, Pretzels or Nachos $6.95/lb
    Asst "Fun Size" Candy Bars $5.95/dz
    Mixed Nuts (per pound) $10.95
    Coffee (per gallon) $11.95
    Coffee (per carafe) $5.95
    Hot Cocoa (per gallon) $24.95
    Iced Tea or Lemonade (per gallon) $7.95
    Citrus Fruit Punch $10.95
    Milk (carafe) $4.95
    Bottled Waters (each) $1.50
    Soft Drinks (each) $1.25
    Carafe of Fruit Juice $7.50
    Assorted Bottled Juices (each) $1.50

BOXED LUNCHES $10.95
    Choose From:
    Courtyard Club Sandwich
    Italian Hero
    Grilled Chicken Sandwich
    Vegetarian Sandwich
    Chef Salad
    (Lunches include: Above choice, potato chips, side salad, whole fresh fruit or yogurt cup
    condiments, and soft drink)
    Other items available upon request. Prices indicated are per person unless stated otherwise. All prices listed are subject to 18% service
    charge and 6% sales tax. Prices subject to change. The guaranteed number of guests for your event must be given to the Sales Office no
    later than three business days prior to the function. Charges will be assessed from that number.

If anyone is interested in having this let Chris or I know.

2. So is this stuff that we ARE allowed to have in the conference room??

Traci
    Traci

3. Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    So is this stuff that we ARE allowed to have in the conference room??

Traci
    Yes, the food listed is allowed in the confrence room. Ya see then if you want some sorta food you have to get it from them. Chris & I didnt know if anyone would be interested in getting food or not. I think they said they will provide water I was thinking of just paying for a couple of them and we could just bring in our food...candy bars...M& M's whatever and just put it on their trays so it looks like we were eating their stuff. I don't know what to do? Chris is a sneeky person maybe she will come up with something.

I was wondering about drinks too. Coffee is the morning would have to be priority. Tee hee. I like the breakfast meal, bagels, coffee, granola bar. The box lunches seem pricey. I don't know what to do either. I'll still bring down appetizers for Friday afternoon.
    Kim

5. Note the fine print: all items subject to 18% surcharge PLUS 6% tax. So you may as well bump up the price 25%!

I don't have a problem getting a few things. Maybe if we order enough for just a few of us at each "snack time" , then if they come in the room and see us chewing at least we'll have an excuse. Surely I can sneak cookies and m&m's into my crop bag!

:-)
    Traci
    Traci

6. Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    Note the fine print: all items subject to 18% surcharge PLUS 6% tax. So you may as well bump up the price 25%!

I don't have a problem getting a few things. Maybe if we order enough for just a few of us at each "snack time" , then if they come in the room and see us chewing at least we'll have an excuse. Surely I can sneak cookies and m&m's into my crop bag!

:-)
    Traci
    I agree Traci at least if they come past our room they will think we are eating their food.

I looked at the "funsize" candy bars...$5.95 for a dozen. OMG!

Chris reminded me that they do have like a snack bar in the building so we arent sure if we can take that food into the confrence room or not.

The lady will be getting with Chris about 2 weeks prior to Shackapaloosa to figure out how many tables and to figure out other details. So at least by then we can figure something out.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spartymom View Post
    I was wondering about drinks too. Coffee is the morning would have to be priority. Tee hee. I like the breakfast meal, bagels, coffee, granola bar. The box lunches seem pricey. I don't know what to do either. I'll still bring down appetizers for Friday afternoon.
    Yep...Coffee is a must for sure! Maybe we can have some breakfast stuff and a couple of snacks?

The appetizers (cheese & etc) sound good for in the room. Great idea!

I would be more than happy to go to Sam's and buy the huge box of granola bars too.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Spartymom View Post
    That's another thing we could maybe have our room set up for breakfast for bagels or muffins or the granola bars?

I mean seriously, for the $6 something it would end up being per person, if we all chipped in that much $$ do you know HOW much stuff we would be able to buy? Not that I'm suggesting that, but they are really overcharging for what they are providing!

Kathy

Geez, I had typed up a different message first and now don't know what I did! I was saying how pricey that stuff all is and guess that's why they won't allow food. They want us to buy their overpriced stuff! I mean 5.95 for a dozen 'fun size' bars? You can get regular size stuff at Sam's or Costco for about .39 each! Sheesh!

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread