+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baked Spagetti Recipe

Baked Spagetti Recipe

Does anyone have a good easy recipe for this? I would like to try it for dinner tonight.
    THanks
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Baked Spagetti Recipe

I've never had baked spaghetti, sorry I'm no help!

I have had baked ziti but not baked spaghtetti, would it be the same thing? just mix the apsta and sauce, put it in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese, and bake?
    Last edited by cindi; 05-28-2009 at 10:49 AM.

4. Re: Baked Spagetti Recipe

I love Spaghetti bake ....
    I usually make a BIG pot of sauce with meat...
    for the meat
    1 large onion , chopped
    2-4 clove garlic (press or mince)
    sauté both on a large pan with a Tbs of olive oil (more or less)
    when they are somewhat tender add the ground meat (I take 2 lbs.)
    and brown
    season with pepper and just a hint of salt, you can always season more later.
    3 large cans of crushed tomatoes if you like more sauce add another can....you will also need some tomato paste to thicken your sauce.
    Bring sauce to the point where it is just bubbling add the meat mixture and 1-2 stalks of celery finely chopped( I sometimes add a red bell pepper finaley chopped). Add pepper, basil, oregano and parsley either fresh or dried,
    I let this simmer for a few hours so the flavors will mix nicely. Stir every 15 minutes so it won't burn on the bottom.
    When your sauce has simmered for a bit add some tomato paste to thicken and now taste and season with more salt or you can also add some chicken bouillon if you like.
    Boil your Spaghetti until they are al dente drain and I rinse them a bit with cool water but don't get them all the way cold.
    I use a 9x13 non stick baking pan and add a bit of sauce then a bit of the spaghetti and mix ...I repeat this step till the pan is almost full.
    I then shred 3-4 kinds of cheeses like Mozzarella, Colby, Monterey Jack and of course Parmesan .
    Sprinkle everything over Spaghetti and bake in the oven at 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown a bit and is nice and bubbly. Serve with garlic toast YUMM!!!!

5. Re: Baked Spagetti Recipe

Here's the recipe I use for Spagetti Pie. It is yummy!

BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE

PIE SHELL:

6 oz. spaghetti
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 well beaten egg
    1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese

FILLING:

1 c. cottage cheese
    1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded

SAUCE:

1 lb. ground beef
    1/2 - 3/4 c. chopped onion
    1 (15 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce - I use RAGU

Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain. Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs into hot spaghetti. Form spaghetti into a "crust" into 10" pie plate. Brown onions in small amount of oil until soft. Add meat and brown. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust. Top with meat sauce. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with Mozzarella cheese and let cheese melt. Let stand before cutting.
    Teresa

oohh..I have never had that, Teresa, but it sounds yummy. I wonder if gary will eat it?? I may have to try it & find out.

7. Re: Baked Spagetti Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    oohh..I have never had that, Teresa, but it sounds yummy. I wonder if gary will eat it?? I may have to try it & find out.
    My Gary loves it if that's any indication A friend made it years ago for one of the boys High School hockey banquets and it's been a family favorite ever since.
    Teresa

A lady I know makes her pizza with a spaghetti base a bit like your "pie crust" Teresa. Her kids love it.
    Both these baked dishes sound great. I think I could cook my sauce all day in the crockpot using Ri's recipe. Love the winter meal ideas. keep them coming!
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread