+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pumpkin Scones

Re: Pumpkin Scones

I thought 6 was expensive for a pumpkin-but compared to Jan's I guess it was a real bargain!
    Sherri that recipe sounds terrific-I think I might try it! TFS-

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Well that is crazy for them to be that much. I think I'd just use fake pumpkins for decoration!!! I don't like pumpkin taste so I don't ever have a need to buy the canned stuff. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Pumpkins won't grow here due to our short growing season. Because they weigh so much they are very expensive here. I saw some large pumpkins at the store-I would not call them extremely large but they were $79.!!!! I can not image paying that much for a large pumpkin. Tracey you can buy lots of cans of pumpkin for that price!
    Oh poor Jan, not only do you have to pay too much for gasoline but you can't even get a cheap pumpkin! And all you get in return is living in an incredibly gorgeous place where moose regularly roam through your yard!

Kathy

4. Re: Pumpkin Scones

I've never bought a pumpkin for eating. Just for carving. Aren't carving pumpkin seeds the only edible part?

Quote Originally Posted by CharityHand View Post
    I've never bought a pumpkin for eating. Just for carving. Aren't carving pumpkin seeds the only edible part?
    I buy the smaller pie pumpkins for the other stuff. I'm pretty sure you can use a regular pumpkin that way also if you wanted. Don't see why not.

Kathy

6. Re: Pumpkin Scones

Oh man, I LOVE scones and I LOVE pumpkin. Great combo. Thanks for the recipe, Sherri.

I made scones with Sherris recipe today

My kids loved these scones (they are NOT pumpkin eaters- so it was exciting). I don't know if mine look right. I used fresh pumpkin that I cooked myself. It was still a bit warm as I put it in the bowl, so the butter softened. I put pepitas on top (pumpkin seed kernels).they go all toasted and crispy.
    What do you think?
    Attached Images
    Sarah

8. Re: Pumpkin Scones

I'll be right over Sarah. They look yummy to me
    The Shackretary

Sherri can I catch a ride with you? Those scones look delicious! I could use one right now! YUMMY!
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

yummy! I think I'm gonna go make these right now. Off to be sure I have all the ingredients.

+ Reply to Thread