+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

This is what I am doing today! I bought boneless country ribs at the store. The only suggestions I have so far were to 1) salt and pepper them first, and 2) put them in the oven at like 400 for about 15 minutes on each side in order to "sear" them a bit. This also helps get some of the fat out I'm told.

Then I'm planning on putting them in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce.

Should I have them in the sauce the whole time??

I'm thinking I might even want to cook them in the oven a bit after they're done, just to get that nice "crustyness" on the sauce.

Any and all suggestions welcome!! Please hurry! I need to get these started!! I should have asked this last night!

thanks!!!!!
    Traci

2. Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

I've never cooked ribs in the crockpot but I would do what you are doing. Sounds right to me. Give it a "go" and tell us all how delicious they were!!
    The Shackretary

3. Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

Traci, here's a link to some recipes for ribs in a slow cooker.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Search/Ad...hdrbox-Recipes

The Sween 'n' Sour ribs use boneless country-style ribs and has a blue ribbon next to it!

Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

Traci, what you're doing is fine. I let my ribs cook for ten hours because it will "dry" and get the crusty outer meat. It won't make the meat dry as in "too dry to eat." It will still be fork tender. I don't think you'll need to pop it in the overn afterwards. I think *that * will dry out your meat. Sounds delish! I love cooking ribs in my crockpot!
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

my advice is to do what you have planned...

BUT then this is the important part...

Call me about 2 hours before they are done! That way I have time to get there and let you kow how good they taste! LOL

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I'm cooking those same style ribs today on the pit!! I've never cooked them in a crockpot so I'm not help at all!!! I do know that they are yummy on the BBQ! I soak mine in Italian Dressing for a good six hours before I BBQ them.

Quote Originally Posted by mydogstinks2 View Post
    my advice is to do what you have planned...

BUT then this is the important part...

Call me about 2 hours before they are done! That way I have time to get there and let you kow how good they taste! LOL
    Chris, you are way too funny!
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

They must not be done yet cause still no phone call....LOL

9. Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

Quote Originally Posted by mydogstinks2 View Post
    They must not be done yet cause still no phone call....LOL
    sorry! I just woke up from my nap!!!!!

I don't know if they're going to be done at 6:30 or not, but that's when we're eating!!! LOL
    Traci

I've only cooked ribs in the oven.........either all the way in the oven, with a couple of minutes under the broiler, or in the oven and finished on the bbq............or boiled them and then finished them on the bbq.

Let us know how they came out in the crock pot!!!

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

+ Reply to Thread