+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09 updated with participants

1. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Thanks for the challenge, Cheri. I tried the double embossing challenge this morning and have posted my card in the gallery HERE.

TFL
    Jennifer

My blog

2. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

cool technique! I can't wait to try!

3. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Thanks for sharing this technique... I love your samples! I'm definitely going to try this one!
    Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage
    Visit my Blog! (Scroll all the way down to see the pictures of our fabulous gardens.)

4. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

I would of had a go at this but sadly gave most of my embossing folders away due to lack of use....oh well maybe next weeks challenge.

Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Well I gave it a try and here's my card.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

You gals have all had great success with the technique. I tried three samples and am not happy with any of them. The 2nd run through the "bug" is wiping out almost all of the first impressions. I can see the Swiss dots the best, but they are not great. I will try again with heavy weight paper. Perhaps that will help. I love the look so will continue to play!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

7. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    You gals have all had great success with the technique. I tried three samples and am not happy with any of them. The 2nd run through the "bug" is wiping out almost all of the first impressions. I can see the Swiss dots the best, but they are not great. I will try again with heavy weight paper. Perhaps that will help. I love the look so will continue to play!
    Heather...this is supposed to happen, your first image is de-embossed. You should see it in your background, but not as defined.

Visit my blog here

The bg is practically invisible though. Most samples you would never know it was done the first time. Maybe the dots will be the best one after all.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

9. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Heather "The bg is practically invisible though. Most samples you would never know it was done the first time. Maybe the dots will be the best one after all." You are right Heather, it does smooth out the 1st embossing ALOT. If you want the image more pronounced I find inking or sanding it before you move on to the 2nd embossing helps a lot.

Tim Holtz encourages that if you want to change the embossing on purchased pre-embossed grungeboard--run it through with the pattern of your choice.

Here is my challenge card.

Thanks so much Cheri for the inspiration!

10. Re: Technique Challenge 14 8-7-09

Heather, I was disappointed in my first run throughs too because I could just barely even make out the swiss dots on my card. Then I did as Jan suggests and after running the swiss dots through, I sanded lightly. Then I embossed with my second folder (which was the swirls one) and the swirls were pronounced but the sanded dots now stand out.
    Jennifer

My blog

+ Reply to Thread