+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    I have also asked the ShackHosts to keep us informed on the Yahoo Shackie Updates site.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shackieupdates/
    If you are not a member there it might be a good idea to join now.
    That way if we are down for some time we will have a way of contacting them and be reassured about what is going on....I know I worry after half a day!!!
    yes,Sarah, it will be a nice feeling of security to have the shack host updating teh yahoo group!! I strongly reccomend those of you who haven't joined to sign up!!

I am glad we will continue to be an ad free site. Thanks for letting us know about the changes - it sounds like they will be great! And thanks also for keeping our community safe and up to date.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    yes,Sarah, it will be a nice feeling of security to have the shack host updating teh yahoo group!! I strongly reccomend those of you who haven't joined to sign up!!
    I just ran over and joined the yahoo group... don't want to miss out on anything.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    I just ran over and joined the yahoo group... don't want to miss out on anything.
    yay!! I'm glad , Betty, cause you know I'd miss you!!

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    I applaud your frankness and your plans. I am excited to see the changes. I know myself that I would not mind MINIMAL or inobtrusive advertising -- sidebar banner ads would be fine with me -- but I'm not sure if the other long-time members would agree. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMom385 View Post
    I am with Nancy side bars and top banners don't bother me at all. I only dislike the pop up windows that are annoying as all get out. I really appreciate you letting us know in advance what is going on. I will continue to be a paying member here for a long time.
    I agree with both these. Unobstrusive ads, like the Paper Shapez on the home page are fine. It's the pop ups and distracting ones that are icky. Thank you for the heads up, and doing it while I will be on vacation mostly!
    And I also plan on being a member for a long time.

Kathy

would the advertisers know that only the guests and jr. members will see these? If they are stamping related ads, hopefully they will be good ones.
    Kim

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

Thanks for the information, can't wait to see the new version and to have more security!
    Marie
    Kreative Blog

When I stand before God at the end of my life,
    I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
    and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
    - Erma Bombeck

8. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

UPDATE

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the upgrade process is going well, but we have run into one item that will cause this project to take longer than expected. It turns out our custom code swap board also needs to be upgraded to be compatible with the upgrade. We are working with a programmer to get these changes in place so we can more forward with all the enhancements. This may take another two to three weeks to get done.

We're excited about the enhancements coming to The Stamp Shack. Thank you for your continued support and patience through this process.

Thank you for the infos.

Ladies, if you are hosting or participating in a swap NOW would be a good time to print out all the information and write down your Hostess addresses just incase the Shack and/or swapboard are down for maintenance in the next few weeks

My P.S.A for the day!
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread