+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm making progress....

I'm making progress....

I've been doing well with losing some weight. I am down 5lbs from 140lbs that I started with earlier this year...I have been mostly trying to eat low calorie meals and work out when I can (every other day if not every day). It was hard over Christmas to not eat much, but I was doing this before and would just watch what I ate an if I knew I would be eating a lot (like on my birthday we went out to the outback and ate way too much lol) I would work out before I went out and then the next day and then the next day I would just eat less and stay on track. On Christmas and day after I didn't eat a lot. I did eat a little bit and had some brownies or cookies here and there, but I didn't keep eating them. I know how many calories I need to have each day and I just told myself to stick with it. So, I just want to get down to about 128 to 130lbs and then that will be my goal weight. Last November (2009) I was 129lbs ad somehow I stopped doing something and it came back on..This time I know that I have to continue working out and eating right even if I am at my goal weight.

Sometimes we don't realize that this is a LIFE CHANGE and not a Diet...I know I forget and then the weight comes back on.

What I've been doing mostly is Leslie Sansone's in home walking dvds. They helped me years ago shed some pounds and it is working again. And ZUMBA classes..I took 2 classes in the beginning of Dec and after one class I was hooked! They took a 2 week break which is killin me...but I'm trying to do other work outs. What I love about Zumba is that in one class I can burn 500 calories!!! It is amazing. And I love the class atmosphere...granted I am not always on the same page as everyone else is, but it is a lot of fun and no one cares if you left and they go right..it is so much fun! But to be honest if it wasn't for me eating low calorie meals I know I wouldn't have lost this much weight and I've noticed I've lost inches too..not sure how many...but when my tee shirts and jeans aren't tight or hard to pull up/on then I know I lost some inches.

I am looking forward to The Biggest Loser starting Tues Jan 4, 2011...I love this show and it keeps me focused!

I would say this is a new year's resolution to stay fit, but I never usually keep my New Year's Resolutions...so not sure if that is what I should do this time lol..

Plus, I am on a free site: www.sparkpeople.com. This site is awesome! I am on a couple of teams where it is like the biggest loser in that you weigh in each week and you work out and eat right and try to lose weight each week. The site is very supportive and the people are very supportive as well. It is a great site for resources too!

If you go on there..check me out...my username is: stampingrl2

Darlene

2. Re: I'm making progress....

Good for you Darlene!! I'm down 8 lbs and I am going to check out that spark people.com and see what it is ... I am doing online WW and its super easy to follow. I've been walking 40 min everyday and i want to start an hour each day. I love the Wii too. I haven't tried zumba yet. Not sure where there is a class around me. I wonder if they have a zumba thing for the Wii.
    The Shackretary

Re: I'm making progress....

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    Good for you Darlene!! I'm down 8 lbs and I am going to check out that spark people.com and see what it is ... I am doing online WW and its super easy to follow. I've been walking 40 min everyday and i want to start an hour each day. I love the Wii too. I haven't tried zumba yet. Not sure where there is a class around me. I wonder if they have a zumba thing for the Wii.
    That is awesome, Sherri! Good for you!!! Actually, they just came out with Zumba for the Wii...one of my friends from school told me I should get it...I, personally, love the class I take. Also, you might want to check into Curves..the curves near me is planning on having a Zumba class...and maybe other Curves around the country will do that as well. My daughter's dance school offers Zumba...so I would try any dance schools in your area to see if they offer it. The teachers at my DD's school went to get the Zumba certification so they can teach it at the studio and not have someone come there...

I honestly have the most fun when I take that class and I am not a big class taker lol...but I am not sure how much I would like Zumba if I did it on my own...I love that they yell/shout during the workout...they try to get us to do it too...but I am out of breath from the workout...screaming is not something I could do LOL.

I hope you check it out...Also, what games/fitness games do you do on the Wii? We just got it for Christmas this year and some people have mentioned Just Dance and Just Dance 2 and Zumba and the Wii fit...just curious.
    Darlene

That's awesome!
    I didn't realize these is Zumba on Wii.
    I'll have to check it out.
    Keep up the good work!
    Great job!
    Joanie

I go to Zumba regularly as well, and love it. Last night there were only two of us in class (holidays, I guess) so I got to request a few of my old favourites and she did them. I agree the calorie burn is amazing and it just feels like going out dancing!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread