+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shackapalooza Question

Shackapalooza Question

Since this will be the first time I am attending this Spring Palooza in the Indiana area, I was wondering what type of clothes I need to bring. Do I need a winter coat; do I need long pants; do I need socks and shoes???? What type of weather can I expect in April in north Indiana?

Right now here in the Memphis area, I can wear flip flops, no coat or sweater and I'm wearing crop style pajama pants and short sleeves.

Suzi (my comedic roommate) will we be having air conditioning or heating on in our room? I think that will determine what type of pj's I should bring. Also, do we have a pj stamp/crop night where we all wear our pajamas to the stamping room? Please let me know any information you feel I need to know. Thanks.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

2. Re: Shackapalooza Question

Well, it's usually not too chilly in April. I would suggest jeans, and layers like t-shirt and sweatshirt. I know one year it seemed really cold in the room we crop in and another time it felt hot! Our springs are usually in the 50's I would say, and can drop at night. We get a lot of rain in spring too. My best advice is wait until it gets a little closer to pack but I don't think you will need a winter coat. I usually have mine tucked away in the closet by April. I think we did have a jammie day, but I didn't go last year. As it gets closer I can give you an idea of how the weather is going.
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

3. Re: Shackapalooza Question

The weather could really go any way!!! April is a very iffy time of year here. It could be in the 60's or 70's, or it could be in the 40's or 50's. It's really hard to say!! Generally, I am always cold, and I usually dress in sweatshirts, long sleeves, etc. I would say it's most likely to be in the 50's???

There is an outdoor walking path OR a hiking trail. In the past, some of us have gotten up around 7am and hiked. Or you can do the walking path. Of course if you want to do that, bring appropriate clothes and shoes.

I pretty much wear my pajamas anytime we're not going out anymore!! LOL
    Traci

4. Re: Shackapalooza Question

Well, when I went 2 years ago, I FROZE!!!!!! The stamping room was sooooo cold. Unfortunately, I brought shorts & ts. BIG MISTAKE. This time, I'll bring layers & JEANS!!!! The outside weather was nice but cooler than it was in StL (my hubby actually turned the A/C on while I was gone & the van's A/C went out which resulted in Cheryl needing HOT coffee when it was 90!!!) I will bring my flannel gown & a thinner gown; whatever temp YOU want in the room is fine w/me as I'm used to traveling w/the Winter Warlock who keeps our hotel rooms about 30!! LOL I usually bring an extra blanket, just in case!! LOL I guess I'll have to wait until after March Madness to see if I MUST pack my IL t, right Kim S??? LOL

5. Re: Shackapalooza Question

I would say you'll be cold in flip flops. I would also say you won't need your winter coat. Just a lightweight jacket! But like Kimmy said...bring layers!!

The saying about our weather around here is "if you don't like the weather...wait till tomorrow and it will change!!"
    Traci

Re: Shackapalooza Question

Well Suzi, you can pack your IL shirt. I don't think I'm going to be too happy about March madness this year. Haa haa...I don't think it's been warm enough for shorts. Layers are key! There is a pool if you want to swim.
    Kim

7. Re: Shackapalooza Question

If you have hot flashes like me Joanne, dress in layers. I NEVER wear shorts to these functions but I do usually either wear capris or jeans with a tshirt and/or sweatshirt that I can take off or leave on. I would say bring a jacket. Since Traci and Kristy and i are sharing a room, I am bringing an air mattress this time. Its gotta be more comfortable than the cot plus they charge $10 extra a night for the cot.
    The Shackretary

I always wear jean and maybe some other regular slacks and t shirts with a knit jacket of some type over them. Conference rooms always seem to be on the chilly side. They have done jammie night, I dont' go out in my jammies in public ever but you can go right ahead. I'm sure you won't be alone.

Also in the downstairs they have a little coffee/tea station with a microwave also near the vending machines. I think Kimmy said she is bringing a travel mug this year to put her coffee in, I do that for my tea.

Kathy

Sherri good call on the air mattress, the cots stink!!

Jeans, t-shirt, sweater or jacket should be ok. I say big no on the flip flops.

as far as pj's I'll wear my pj pants any chance I can get!!

10. Re: Shackapalooza Question

I don't think we had pj day the last palooza but we did the time before that!!
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread