+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's talk about submitting cards for publication ...

1. Let's talk about submitting cards for publication ...

Let's talk about submitting ... its easier than you think ...
    http://www.scottpublications.com/ssa/ssacal.pdf

The above is the 2012 editorial calendar for Scrap & Stamp and Just Cards.

Looking at the calendar, you will see you can be working on the following till the end of the year:

(Just Cards issue) Deadline: August 29th Theme - Just Steampunk
    (Scrap & Stamp March issue) Deadline: Sept 7th Theme - Forgive Me
    (Just Cards Vol 24) Deadline: Sept 23rd Theme - birthday, thank you, holiday, friendship, welcome baby, etc.
    (Just Cards ALL OCCASIONS) Deadline: Nov 11th Theme - ALL OCCASIONS
    (Scrap & Stamp April issue) Deadline: Nov 19th Theme - Anything but square
    (Just Cards Vol 25) Deadline: Dec 23rd Theme - Birthday, everyday, holiday, thank you, occasion, friendship, love

So what I do is I submit about 10-15 cards AT ONE TIME. Add the information about each card to the back of each card (i use a post-it note on each). You want to write step by step what you did on each card and what products you used. If you are lucky, they will pick it to be submitted right away. Sometimes it takes up to 3-4 YEARS but just keep submitting. Its so exciting to get a FREE magazine sent to you and to see your name and card in print!!!

I hope this all makes sense!!!
    The Shackretary

Re: Let's talk about submitting cards for publication ...

yay..I have done this and am proud to sAy all my cards ave been published..and I LOVE that feeling..now I must admit..I HATE the write up part! you ladies know and I hope love me..flaws and all..so you know how dyslexic I am..I have the hardest time trying to do the write up and not screw uop!! I do so want to send in more..so I will work very hard at that in a few weeks when work gets abit slower for me..thou
    gh work is slow, but I am commiotted to being there sigh..

So these aren't due till next year? If so, then I can't later say that time just slipped by!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

I have never tried to send anything but maybe since Sherri has provided us with a calendar I can try.

I have been lucky enough to have several cards published, in several different magazines. It is quite a thrill to see your work there and realize how many people could be looking at it.
    Stampers Sampler had one of my cards for three years - i had forgotten about it, and was amazed when a magazine apeared in my mailbox.
    Send your cards in ladies. we have a lot of talent on this site and it needs to be recognised.
    This next bit is for you Cindi.
    I always typed my card details onto a small sheet and stuck it to the back of the card. My handwriting isn't the neatest, and by keeping a "template" of the sheet in Word, it was easy just to type in the details and print it off.
    Let's see how many cards we can get published - it might be our only chance at fame.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

6. Re: Let's talk about submitting cards for publication ...

Renu-the calendars have been updated to include 2012 but the dates Sherri posted are in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by limeyscrapper View Post
    I have been lucky enough to have several cards published, in several different magazines. It is quite a thrill to see your work there and realize how many people could be looking at it.
    Stampers Sampler had one of my cards for three years - i had forgotten about it, and was amazed when a magazine apeared in my mailbox.
    Send your cards in ladies. we have a lot of talent on this site and it needs to be recognised.
    This next bit is for you Cindi.
    I always typed my card details onto a small sheet and stuck it to the back of the card. My handwriting isn't the neatest, and by keeping a "template" of the sheet in Word, it was easy just to type in the details and print it off.
    Let's see how many cards we can get published - it might be our only chance at fame.
    hey that is a great idea..I never thought of that! thanks

+ Reply to Thread