+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

Let's get some chatter going on our site....

What are you doing/do you do for Halloween. Are your children dressing "up" and going out to scare the neighbors? Are they too old to costume up? Do you go with them and lurk in the bushes? Is there a costume party for them at church or school? DO YOU DRESS UP???? What do you give out?? One of my childhood neighbors used to give us money...just a couple of coins...I'd appreciate that more now!!! Do you decorate your yard for Halloween? Do you make or buy your costumes? The last one I made for my dgs was sooo easy. I asked him what he wanted to be and he really wasn't into this conversation with me so he just shrugged and said "a potato". I went to the store and found the perfect fabric....I made a big ball shaped form, and cut holes for head, arms and legs and he went as a potato. We stuffed it with newspaper---he loved it!!

Re: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

chatty patty..I love it!

usually I dress up a bit and give out Candy, I do just a ;li8ttle bit of decorating. This year though I think the peeps and I are going out to supper, so I am taking this year off.

3. Re: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

HA HA! Chatty Patty!
    Well with out new family addition Halloween should be fun! Sophia is going to be a bumble bee, and I think Me and the hubby are going to take her to a couple of the neighbors then just pass out candy. Hopefully it's not too chilly. We have been in this house 9 years and this is my first time passing out candy so I hope I get enough.

Your potato costumed cracked me up. when I was a kid we had a Thanksgiving Day Play at church and I was mashed potatoes which my mom made out of white garbage bag, then a yellow sponge on my head for a pad of butter with ribbon hanging down like it was dripping. funny how i just remembered that.

Cindi you would be fun to hang out with
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

No children here but we usually have candy to give out. Sometimes we have quite a few and some years none. Our community has several different things going on for kids. Pumpkin Patch at the Rec Center, churches have Trunk-n-Treats.
    Some years at work we dress up, this year I told all the supervisors they must dress up, so that means I need to figure out something for myself. We are having a Kazien Event that week at work so we will have Quality Improvement People from UNC CHapel Hill and NC State. They should get a kick out of us and our costumes. We need an employee morale booster so this is one of them.
    As a kid we had things that we made and maybe a store bought mask. It was a kinder more gentle time and you could walk the neighborhood without fear.
    Sometimes i do decorate but not sure this year.
    I sure would love rice krispie treats tho (spider webs) is what we called them as a kid and seemed to have them around Halloween.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

My niece and her mom come to my house for halloween and we all go together. Our neighborhood is super duper busy that night. I would say 300 plus kids easy. They are lined up to get candy at the houses. I'm not sure why they all come here but they do!

6. Re: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

I am hoping to be in our new house by Halloween but since we are moving a LITTLE at a time, I have no idea when we will be in! So with that being said, we will not have many trick or treaters at our new house since there are only a few houses around us. I have the new house barely decorated but i didn't wanna do too much since I don't know if we will be there in time ....
    The Shackretary

You all sound like you're getting ready to have a good time. Sherri, I can see why you're hesitant--- Around here it doesnt seem to matter how many homes in your area...they drive them to here by the carload, then go to another neighborhood. For that reason I don't put a light on or open the door at all. I live alone and I wouldn't know any of them. Another reason for not putting the light on is that if I bought candy, I'd probably eat it all!!! I think Paula mentioned dressing up at work...we did that at my office once...and we had a pajama day one day too....that was wonderful...T shirt and sweats or flannel pants...it was wonderful!!! Cindi, you are funny with the chatty patty--but you're not the first one to call me that..not surprised, right?? Christi--how much candy did you buy??? WOW--that's a lot of people!!! Kimmy--I'd love to see a photo of that costume--sounds cool!! My sister, Ellie, and her dh used to go to costume parties for Halloween--they had some really cool costumes!! I still remember when they dressed like sandwiches!!!

I live way out in the puckerbrush so don't usually get many kids. The grands and their friends will stop in for candy but beyond that I will have more looking for a glass of wine than candy. LOL!
    Dee

Chatty Patty! ROTFL! That's funny Cindi!
    Dee

Think how fun it would be if we could all be together to celebrate Halloween!
    Dee

+ Reply to Thread