+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some help with open house party

1. Re: Need some help with open house party

Since she is just starting out, maybe she can do some easy things too like a platter of raw veggies and dip; or cheese tray with pepperoni and crackers; or a couple varieties of cheeseballs with crackers. Here are two of my favorite cheeseball recipes:

DRIED BEEF CHEESEBALL

2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1 small jar of dried beef, finely chopped
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Mix cheeses, onion and worcestershire sauce. Form into ball and roll in chopped beef. Refrigerate several hours for all flavors to blend.

PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
    1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
    1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, or mixture of green and red bell pepper
    3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
    2 cups chopped pecans, divided

Mix all ingredients and 1 cup of the pecans. Form into ball. Roll in remaining 1 cup of pecans. Refrigerate several hours before serving.

Re: Need some help with open house party

what about pigs in blankets? cocktail weiners wrapped in flaky pastry (buy the sheets in the freezer section). They are not very "sophisticated" but they always disappear really fast at parties. If you want to fancy them up you can spread mustard lightly on the pastry before you roll it up, and sprinkle poppy seeds over before baking in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
    Sarah

Wow, you guys really have some good receipes. I'll pass all these on and see which one she wants. She seems to be far more social than I thought and has groups of friends dropping in as early as tomorrow, so some of these easy cracker dips will help her out. Thank you
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

for the spinach artichoke dip..i use a small crockpot at parties so it stays hot.
    also fiesta dip is yummy

1 pound ground beef- cooked and drained
    1 large brick velveeta cheese
    1 can rotel diced tomatoes with chillis

melt velveeta in the microwave, add ground beef and can of rotel ..mix all up and again use a small crockpot to keep it warm..serve with tortillas..yummy

Since you said she is nt much of a cook. McCormicks has different packages for hot wings and hickory wings. All you do is put the wings in the bag and shake.. then bake. They are pretty good and quick and easy.
    Nicole

Thank you Cindi and Nicole. I think she should be able to manage these.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread