+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mixed medium supplies?

Re: Mixed medium supplies?

I do admire other peoples art journals and some of the techniques that they use to make them, but so far I haven't been motivated to start one myself. I do play around a lot with my cards and canvases and an occasional scrap layout. I usually frame my layouts as I generally do them with photos of the grandkids and mine are too dimensional to put in page protectors.
    Dee

2. Re: Mixed medium supplies?

I thought art journals were just for fun. I'm supposed to be DOING something with them?!?!?! Of course, I haven't touched mine since October or November so...... Gotta get back in the groove!!!

I'm still living in the "Dark Ages"! I have gesso somewhere but it's probably not any good. I had to throw out the acrylic paints. The last time they were used was when the kids were in elementary school (now college and high school).

I just started following your challenges with the 3rd one using double sided adhesive. Still don't have that so I guess I won't be participating.

Unfortunately, I don't even have any color mists, mica stuff, or paste. I never think to use it. I guess I need to step up my creativity level a couple of notches.

Sounds like I need an intervention! Anyone interested in coming to my house for a weekend for intense rehabilitation? (I have an extra bed!)
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I thought art journals were just for fun. I'm supposed to be DOING something with them?!?!?! Of course, I haven't touched mine since October or November so...... Gotta get back in the groove!!!
    That's pretty much what mine is too. The few pages I have done were from the Monday night video challenges. One was to draw a bird and the other was to use a picture of yourself on it in some way and your own handwriting. Like Suzi, I need to work in mine too.

Kathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itdxGSW3nlw I just watched this cool video on You Tube. I like her finished product, not that it is anything I would make. The earlier steps show good ways she used some of the products we've been talking about. I didn't get why she ended up covering so much of the initial steps by the end, but in her comments she said she never knows where a project is going to take her and the layers are a part of her process. Even if you can't really see them in the end.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread