+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mixed medium supplies?

1. Mixed medium supplies?

As I look at planning for the next challenges I need to know what supplies folks have that are beyond our usual stamping supplies.

Do you have gesso, gel medium, molding paste, acrylic paints?
    Are there other supplies you would like to try in a challenge?
    Any Jump Starts that you would like to focus on in a challenge?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!...Jan
    Last edited by Far North; 02-02-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Re: Mixed media supplies?

I have everything on your list except the molding paste. I will think on it......
    Dee

Re: Mixed media supplies?

My DD took all the "artist / paint" types things with her to university but our Dollar store sells acrylic paints so I know I can get some in town.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Re: Mixed medium supplies?

I have gesso, a fair amount of paint, no modeling paste or gel medium. I do want to get some gel med. and if I'd remembered I could have gotten some while I was at Michaels Thurs. eve.

Honestly, I have forgotten what so many of them were already. Maybe if she has a master list on her site where I could just see what they focused on. To have to click on each individual one and then deal with the passwords is a pain. A lot of them seemed to be about adding interest to journal pages and several of them were of no interest to me at all.

Kathy

I am soo far behind, it's not funny. I do have gesso..love it, and of course with my prim woodcrafting i have paints

I have everything! And yes - I'm embarrassed to admit it.
    But I agree that it might be difficult to find a challenge to use supplies that everyone has.
    How about watercolours - I'm sure we all have some of those.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

I didn't have them at the beginning of CJS... embarrassed to say I have them all now. [I'm such a sucker] But I'm having fun! And isn't that what it's all about?
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

I have modge podge, some paints but none of the other stuff. I have been thinking about getting some gesso but not sure what to do with it. I am tempted to try the canvas things- also I wonder about the art journals and what people do with them.

http://www.tracywburgos.typepad.com/ Pick any of the videos of the Monday night shows on Tracy's website and it will give you some great ideas about what we are doing with them. I was just telling Jan that I have some journal pages in the gallery under altered items, Cindi and Angie too that are inspired by the Mixed Media Mondays. And my canvas with the dandelions was all inspired by a Kenny Chesney song and I just took it from there.

Betty, I am totally laughing at your post!

Kathy

10. Re: Mixed medium supplies?

Paula, I have watched a lot of videos on art journaling but still have lots of questions. I understand journals are personal and folks individually decide the purpose. Some choose their focus to be an art journal where instead of writing a dairy they express themselves through art and perhaps a very brief journal note. There are large internet groups that are now providing daily trigger words to give the participate inspiration the day's page. Their is lots of energy to encourage folks to journal for10 minutes daily. Other artists who journal their beginning trial experimentations with new techniques and supplies.
    They may make notes along the way so the bits of their work can be repeated if desired. So the journal is a way to keep their work to a resonable size so it packs easily in a suitcase for travels or taken to different locations.

What I don't understand is if journally would be of any purpose for me as a stamper. I already have photos of all the cards I make and information regarding the techniques used. I would love to hear what our shackies think.

+ Reply to Thread