+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well, I screwed up

Re: Well, I screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    Thanks guys. i was going to try to "request money" from the shack & see if THAT got anyone's attention. i'm just very, very sad that the leadership (the owners, not the mods!!!!) has devolved into this. It's a DARN good thing we've not had any REAL problems here. No way we'd ever get them resolved
    You said it, sister. I honestly wonder WHO would be willing to pay $24.00 to be a member here? I mean we are all awesome, but it just isn't a good value. To someone joining they don't know we're awesome. Flaker free swaps? What swaps, there is hardly anything on the swap board these days. Pretty much we're paying so only other Plus members have access to our personal information.

I get why so many people have left for just Facebook, when you can keep all your people in one place, but it is just - not - for - me. It all makes me very sad too.

Kathy

I just paid my membership renewal and was charged $24. I thought that the rate went up and didn't think twice about it. What is the actual yearly membership charge?
    Amy

I only hope the owners don't give up on us completely. What then?
    Dee

4. Re: Well, I screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    I only hope the owners don't give up on us completely. What then?
    Kathy will HAVE to learn FB. LOL I hope it doesn't come to that!!! BUT, having said that, there are so issues w/the Shack: NO SUPPORT (again, owners, not members. Y'all are the underwire minnimizer of support!!!) and WHAT is w/all the creepy lurkers!!! I mean, this post has over 1200 views???? WTH???? I'm guessing the word "screwed" got the bots hot & bothered???? I really should have "cleaned up" my langauge but I was not a happy camper when I posted this. LOL

I'm just as guilty as everyone else on being too lazy to post here. I seem to spend more time (FAR TOO MUCH TIME) on FB. I do come here EVERY DAY, look at the posts but rarely reply. I'll work on that. And, as soon as graduation is done (STILL haven't STARTED the 12 years of school pics album that I was going to do one year a month on!!) I have some swap ideas so I'll do MY PART to get the swap board moving!!!

5. Re: Well, I screwed up

Suzi, I have always had positive success with paypal's resolution center....hope it works for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by scraphappy908 View Post
    I just paid my membership renewal and was charged $24. I thought that the rate went up and didn't think twice about it. What is the actual yearly membership charge?
    Amy, as a previous "Shack Plus" member, the rate is only $12 for us. Apparently there is a spot on the renewal form to go in to that area rather than the general sign up page. Put in a support ticket and see if you can get the other half back. Others have been reimbursed when they made that mistake. It can't hurt to try.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

It isn't that I don't want to "learn" how to use FB, I just don't WANT to. I have enough in my life that prevents me from doing stuff(like crafting) and I feel that I waste too much time online as it is. I know myself and would get sucked into looking up this person and that and I just choose to not deal with it.

I'm ok with being a dinosaur as long as I can be a triceratops.

Kathy

Kathy, since I stopped using FB for the past few weeks, I haven't noticed I have a cleaner house or more cookies baked, but I sure have pinned a bucket load of neat stuff over at Pinterest!! ha!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Kathy, since I stopped using FB for the past few weeks, I haven't noticed I have a cleaner house or more cookies baked, but I sure have pinned a bucket load of neat stuff over at Pinterest!! ha!
    I am avoiding Pinterest for the same reason. I have more than enough inspiration and don't need yet one more thing to waste my time.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread