+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MIX12 Challenge-A Pop of Color

1. MIX12 Challenge-A Pop of Color

This week's MIX12 challenge at SCS is about using either predominately hot or cold colors and adding a pop of color from the opposite side of the color wheel. If you are like me and never had the opportunity to learn about the color wheel in this manner this is a great starting point with brief description, video as well as great examples in the SCS gallery.

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...friend&cat=609

Re: MIX12 Challenge-A Pop of Color

This sounds interesting---I am one who never had any art training...but this sounds interesting....are you thinking of a swap? More info please.

Does black and white count? I made some cards with that scheme last night.

Kathy

4. Re: MIX12 Challenge-A Pop of Color

Patty, folks that have been interested in these challenges have been creating a card and putting it in the gallery...and then linking on this thread. So please jump in and do so. You are sure welcome to host a swap with this same topic.

Kathy, black and white are considered neutrals and can be used to support the colors from both side of the color wheel. The SC challenge post explains it in detail...and gallery too.

I was actually kidding about my post. I wouldn't consider the white being a pop of color from the black!

Kathy

I just looked at your card in the gallery. Gel medium can be used like masking fluid? Did I understand what you were saying you did? That is cool if that is the case, although I do have masking fluid that, of course, I have never used. The background came out really well and the stamped images are still crystal clear. And I did finally get some gel medium too right before I went to Palooza.

Kathy

7. Re: MIX12 Challenge-A Pop of Color

Kathy-Black and White-I thought you were still asleep when I read that. LOL...you got me!

Yes, I used matte gel medium to mask the feather and butterfly. I didn't want to put the sky down first and muddy up the images. My packaging also says is it a sealant like you can use it to decoupage...so I gave it a whirl. I was pleased with the results.

Thanks, that's good to know. Yet another use for the gel medium. Glad it worked out for you so well.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread