+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weather out West

Re: Weather out West

Glad to have you gals check in and let us know you are all fine. Nancy, I had no idea those little things like parking and glass bottles could start a fire, that is amazing. I am heading to Atlanta in August and am expecting to be really hot, but since my furnace was on last week, I may actually enjoy it!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

glad your ok babcy!! and my heart goes out to those firefighters and their familes..such a loss.

The glass acts like a magnifying glass, The fire is only 10% contained and it is windy. We are just praying for rain that would help the fire fighters that are now there. Over 200 homes have already been lost. The state asks that you clear all vegetation around your property, but even the people who do, its the flying embers that land. Then when the state wants to clear out trees and brush, sorry to say the do gooders complain about getting rid of these things and it is a safety concern. Our quilt club is going to have a quilt day where everyone makes quilts for the families. There is a club called the 100 Club and in two hours called over 35000 thousand dollars already. They give money to the families and pay for each child's college education, it is a worthwhile cause. - Nancy

Wow! That's amazing!!!

Thanks for the call Patty. We are good. Just feel sad for the Arizona fire fighters. It is still really hot--104 degrees is terribly unusual for June and July 1st.
    sweetpea

That is a great effort/cause Nancy!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread