+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paper Doll Stamps

Paper Doll Stamps

I'm all excited!!! Tomorrow evening, Friday, 6-8, I'm going to a stamp class all about Paper Dolls. I remember playing with them as a child...from the back of McCalls magazine or from some other magazine. The ones I see in the LSSs are mostly young girls or young women, I thought I would prefer an older woman, but we'll see what they have.

I remember my mom telling me that she played with paper dolls too...(she was born in 1919)...she said she used to cut them out of the Sunday "funnies" and keep them in a box under her bed. Did you play with them??

Re: Paper Doll Stamps

What fun! Kirsty used to do some art deco type paper dolls, if I recall.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Stampen Up used to have a doll stamp and clothes, I gave them to my granddaughters I think it was about 2009 or so maybe earlier. I recently stamped some out to give to another child. They had fun. I played with them when I was young. Use to cut from the newspaper also to make the dresses and shoes. - Nancy

Oh sure, I loved playing with paper dolls, all dolls really. Have fun at your class.

Kathy

I remember having them, and I'm not even 50 yet. I remember the little tabs you had to fold over to keep them on. There is a huge paper doll collecting community out there on the internet. I had one lady from USA who joined my ATC swaps here in Australia. She was very into her paper dolls. I think her name was Margery.
    Sarah

how fun!! tell us all about it after. I have some of the nutting stamps from prima that look a lot like paper dolls, love them
    Last edited by cindi; 08-09-2013 at 04:16 PM.

It was a very popular pastime....glad to see that it hasn't completely faded away!! I'll let you know about it when I get back.

I had a few paper dolls, McCalls I remember and then one year at Christmas someone gave me a box of cardboard like dolls and clothes for them. I was very young but I sure enjoyed them-that was before Barbie Dolls!

Class was fun--took me out of my comfort zone. It was advertised as 6pm to 8pm, but it went about an hour longer (6 in the class). We had one stamp of a "teen age" girl, which everyone stamped and then cut out. We were given a small canvas and a 6x6 pad of paper. We pulled out about 6 sheets and tore up about 4. then we put a little tan colored paint on the canvas, and a little bit of blue here and there. Then we modge podged the torn paper on the canvas. Then while that was drying we made some flowers and leaves out of some of the paper. I think that took the longest time to do. Then we put the girl on the canvas and the flowers beside her. Came out nice. We had a nice time together--I'll have to watch what other kinds of classes they offer there.

Guess you're not going to be playing with her too much. You'll just have to put it someplace in your crafty area where you can admire her. Can you post a pic of it? Love to see how it turned out.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread