+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Die Cutting with Sizzix Thinlit background dies

Die Cutting with Sizzix Thinlit background dies

I'm hoping someone can provide some tips for cutting paper using these dies.

Recently I purchased 2 Sizzix thinlit background dies. They measure 6 by 5 inches. They are intricate dies with a lot of design. When cutting paper, the paper sticks to the die and tears when I attempt to remove the paper. I've tried sandwiching wax paper in between the die and the paper but this does not seem to help.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I also own a My Favorite Things Die-namic die that's slightly smaller but it cuts just fine.

Thanks for any tips!!

Sally

Re: Die Cutting with Sizzix Thinlit background dies

I have never used them, but they look a lot like my cheery lynn dies. first are there hole for you to use to poke the paper out from the back? if not then it should have come with a very thin foam piece that you are supposed to attach to the cutting side of the dies. if it does have the holes then you will most likely need the metal shim plate like I have. you can buy one at cheery lynn .com if you can't find one locally. also with very detailed dies you may have to run them through your machine a couple times. hope this helps

3. Re: Die Cutting with Sizzix Thinlit background dies

I would try adding a paper shim.

+ Reply to Thread