+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This weekend

This weekend

Weather permitting, I am heading down the road to an all day crop and stamp a stack. we will be making 16 cards with some extra time to play on our own. All in support for a little 7 year old girl that was just diagnosed with leukemia. Her mom and I worked together a number of years ago. So sad.

I will get some cards for my stash in the hopes of the flood / trickle that might happen later this month. Always better to be prepared.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Re: This weekend

very sad, but it sounds like a fun time. going by yourself or taking a friend? I haven't done a crop in ages

Going by myself but I know the organizer and I think lots of the folks going. It is sad but I hope she makes a good amount of cash to support the family's expenses.
    HeatherJ

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

fingers crossed

That sounds like a great idea and a good cause. How does a Stamp-a-Stack work? I've never been to one.
    Sarah

What a wonderful fundraiser for a great cause. We know how stampers/scrapbookers like to spend money and donate to a great cause. Have fun and good luck to lots of dollars for the fam.

I also had the chance for a stamping weekend, but with being off work so much last year I had to be practical and pass on it. Hoping she has one in the spring and I will be there!!

Sorry I haven't done anything Flood related- with my finger surgery a few weeks ago stamping wasn't an option! Got my cast off last Monday and stitches this coming Monday so hopefully my lil hand will be totally back in business before too long. I didn't want to start something and then have to send something I had gotten from someone else. I really want to do some stamping this year.

Kathy

I was able to go and made a few cards on my own before the Stamp a Stack started. Sarah, the organizers had 8 designs planned, two cards for each design. They cut out all the kits, and had one set on each table. As our group finished, we moved to the next open table. The paper was all cut to size so we basically did the stamping, embossing if any, and the embellishing. They went quite quickly so all 16 were done in under 4 hours and that included some waiting time for an open table. My back paid the price but we had a good time and raised almost $900 that day.
    HeatherJ

That does sound fun, Heather

+ Reply to Thread