+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well guys, for the few of you that still come here I just want to say I have made one of the biggest decisions in my life at least in the last 30+ years.
    I have decided to retire! Aug 1 I will begin a new phase of my life. My hubby is excited and I am too. I am not sure exactly what we will do in this new phase but one of first plans is to clean my house from top to bottom and declutter. I am having new pantry built currently.
    Then I plan to stamp, I have so many card ideas in my head. Maybe I will host some A Muse Stamp Classes at our local senior center and cooperative extension offices. A little travel, nothing elaborate. I plan to sleep in, drink coffee, stay up late and who knows maybe get back to walking everyday to try to keep these knees for a while longer.

Re: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi Paula, how wonderful that you've decided to retire, I can't wait for the day when I can say those words as well. You will find that you have lots to keep yourself occupied. The classes for others sounds like not only a great way to keep yourself active, but to give back to others as well, good for you!

I was checking in here more frequently before but as you know all we hear around here are the crickets chirping anymore. Just gets depressing, if people are visiting they sure aren't bothering to post. I generally only see stuff from you and Cindi. Feel free to email me directly, we can chat away as much as you like! Missing all my shack buddies and all our fun projects and swaps we used to do. hugs

Kathy

I know Kathy, I am sad for the Shack also. Facebook is not so personal so I tend to just look at card ideas there.
    Hope you are doing well. I am very excited about the decision of retiring. It took me a while to get here. I could have retired earlier but glad that I have waited now because I know I am really ready and can walk away from all the pending projects.
    How is your cottage coming? Will you be there for Christmas?

good for you Paula!! I hope retirement treats you well

Thanks Cindi, me too! I am really looking forward to it. I was going to wait until our new facilities were constructed but that is still 2-3 years for completion and I just can't wait that long. My hubby is looking forward to it. I am looking forward to doing a good deep cleaning and decluttering of my house first thing.

Re:cottage, we still don't have the kitchen finished! We went all summer without having a sink or a counter or cabinets! We have one little one that has a couple glasses and paper plates. We have 2 small counter areas on both sides of the stove, luckily those hadn't gotten burned when they burned everything else so while they are only set in place, at least it was something to use. Maybe about 3' long. The most I did was use the burner and the tea kettle to make some tea in the morning and the toaster for bagels & muffins. We do have a microwave but it didn't see much use.

Primarily, because a friend of David's was helping him. You know how it is with free labor, his actual job came first, of course and thus we were often put off. supposedly he and David are going to stay up there in Jan for a couple weeks to just knock it all out finally. As long as it's finished by May or so.

we may go up around New Years since we have a half day the 30th and then off till the following Monday, we'll see. We also never got the tv hooked up, while most of the time I'm ok with that I do like to watch the news occasionally. Plus without a fenced yard we have to go out with the dogs all the time and that gets old fast!
    thanks for asking!

Kathy

Sounds like a work in progress but I bet the end result will be worth the wait. Free labor is hard to beat tho.
    Hope you had a good Christmas. We are having unseasonably warm weather and lots of rain. We had rented a cabin in Georgia for Christmas week. Ended coming home yesterday because it was just so wet and rainy. Same here but at least there are things to take care of if I can make myself do that.
    I will be off Monday and Friday next week so that will be fun.
    I am practicing for retirement!

Do you hear from Jan or Joan Petty? I think of them often and wonder how life is treating them.

Sounds like a work in progress but I bet the end result will be worth the wait. Free labor is hard to beat tho.
    Hope you had a good Christmas. We are having unseasonably warm weather and lots of rain. We had rented a cabin in Georgia for Christmas week. Ended coming home yesterday because it was just so wet and rainy. Same here but at least there are things to take care of if I can make myself do that.
    I will be off Monday and Friday next week so that will be fun.
    I am practicing for retirement!

Do you hear from Jan or Joan Petty? I think of them often and wonder how life is treating them.

I got a card from Jan on Christmas Eve. She had taken a winter cruise last year to New Zealand and said it was fabulous, of course! I can't believe this June will be 10 years since I saw her, where does the time go?

Yep, we've had the same warm and wet weather as well, my kitchen floor is a mess with the dogs but that's still one of the jobs on my list today. MIL was looking droopy on one side and had numbness in her arm and when they went to the ER, yes, she had had a stroke. Thankfully it seems to have been very mild so she's been in the hospital since Christmas Eve and is getting out today and coming to stay here with us for a week or so. At that point our niece will be done dog sitting and will go home with her, probably. So not the best Christmas ever but you make of it what you will. Tonight is our dinner party for my work so that will be nice.
    Last edited by maxiesmom; 01-10-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Kathy

A cruise to New Zealand, I can't even imagine. I bet she did have a wonderful time.
    The time goes quickly.
    Sorry about your MIL.

I hope the new year-2016 will be better for you than 2015 has been.

+ Reply to Thread