+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heat advisory for prismas

Hybrid View

heat advisory for prismas

Ok ladies I realize most of you probably don't travel with your colored pencils, but I discovered something today that I did not know. This is the first summer I have had prismas before that I had cheap ones. Well prismas in a hot car all day, the wax will melt out of the pencil tips into your pencil bag. Makes sense but it didn't dawn on me until I saw it with my own eyes. I mean I always take care about certain items in my stamp bag to be brought into the store with me while I am working and not leave in the car but I hadn't thought about my pencils. It didnt' ruin my set thank goodness, just made a real mess in my bag, but I think if they had been out there longer it could have been much worse, so thought I would share that they don't take the heat well.

Cindy

My Blog

Wow, good tip. I don't think I would have ever thought of that happening. What kind of job do you have that you travel so much, if I may ask.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Oh no!! I'm glad you shared this, I didn't know that. I don't travel with mine much but this is a good tip for if I do! I'm sorry that yours melted and made a mess.

I'll have to remember that when we leave for our driving trip to Florida in two weeks. I'll have to keep the prisma pencils in the air conditioned car. Thanks for the tip.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Mary, I am the Director of Retail Training for a very large US company. I cover 7 states and over 50,000 employees. Fancy title I know but basically I am a traveling teacher. It is a lot of fun and I love what I do, but the traveling gets a little old. But if you need to know about luggage, hotels, rental cars, any of that stuff in the future I'm your gal.

Cindy

My Blog

6. I remember Jennifer posting last year something to the effect that she tried to work outside but they were melting in the heat!
    ...and I am concerned because it was a few notches about 80 degrees today LOL!!...Jan

7. We've had over 100 degree heat index for several weeks now... TFS. My prismas will be kept in a cool place at all times!! I can't afford to replace 120 of them babies!!!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

8. oh my! thanks for the info
    Awna

bored? Read my blog:
    http://allinkdup.blogspot.com

MAR BINGO #'s (maybe 4th time is a charm?)

3-10-25-34-50-56-69-77-92-100

So I guess if we were pioneers, we wouldn't be able to use our Prismas (unless we lived up North? Or only in the winter?) :-)

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Yes, I too found out first hand over Memorial Weekend when we went out of Town. I took my 120 pack in their original tin, & I left them under the seat in my Van for about 2 hours. I went out to the Van to retrieve something & was like OMG!!! They were all soft & starting to sweat and melt. I put them in the freezer for a few hours and cleaned them up & sharpened them again & they look OK now, but I was so worried about them!
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread