+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Lights Question

1. Christmas Lights Question

When you get out last year's lights, do you "try" to fix the sets that don't work or just toss them. I've spent several hours trying to get sets from last year to work & they just WON'T!!! I feel I've wasted all that time (still don't have my C'mas cards planned) and ended up w/the same result. But, I feel I HAVE to try. What do y'all do?

I played this game last year, we had so many that didn't work! I pitched several strands and saved bunches of bulbs and now I am planning on buying a few new sets, possibly this week! I also feel like I wasted a whole lot of time. Am planning on starting this coming weekend while Target still has them on sale.
    Plus the new LED ones are more energy efficient so you will be saving yourself money in the long run!

Kathy

I'm switching to the LEDs this year too and have a plan for storing them neatly so I don't have the untangling problem next year. With the regular mini lights though I would toss them rather than fiddle around with them.

I pitch the ones that do not work. They are cheap enough to buy new ones.
    Kim

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    I toss the ones that don't work.

6. I toss the ones that don't work too.
    Teresa

7. Toss Them Out!!! Buy New!
    The Shackretary

8. I wrap them using cardboard to keep them fresh. I light them up and usually I can find the one light that is burned out. I hate to throw anything out so I find the ONE bulb that is out and replace it. I always wrap my tree lights on my tree when the lights are on, that helps too.

Kerry

9. I fixed some and tossed some. However, this year I'm too busy to mess with them, I'll be buying new ones entirely!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

10. I toss them!
    Christine

6 10 12 22 26 40 41 55 69

+ Reply to Thread