+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how do you color skin tones?

Hybrid View

how do you color skin tones?

when you stamp a person what do you color their skin with? I have a light peach prisma pencil..but that doesn't sem quite right. whta do you ladies use?
    help!
    Last edited by cindi; 04-07-2008 at 10:35 PM.

2. Cindi....I use the light peach prisma also.

Visit my blog here

I use

tombow 850
    staedtler watercolor pencil 43
    or copics pinkish whtie R00 or Skin white E00

The copic ones are NICE and it wouldn't be crazy to get just the one copic just for skin if you were so inclined. But then again I used the tombow 850 for a long time and it's not as picky about what inks and all. I used that even when I did prismacolor pencil. I'd just do the skin with the tombow then shade, maybe pink the cheeks a bit, with the pencils.

I only know how to color white people. My black people always look funny to me. I'm not sure if it's because I don't do/see it enough or if its because the tone in black skin is that unique that it's hard to do in marker? But I really want to, so if anyone knows tombow or copic colors that are great black skin tones please let a girl know. I don't want colored pencil color though, so that won't help me.

hugs,
    e

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    I usually just leave them the color of the cardstock. Sometimes I color them and I use a cheap o crayloa brand pencil, the peach I think.

I agree with Erin -- copic has 3 great skin tones -- and they complement each other. If you were only going to buy 1-2 copics, I'd go for the skin colored ones.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

ok..none of my stores sell single copics

or sets as far as I can tell!
    maybe I can find the tombo..I'll look

Cindi, Is there a Dick Blick store where you live? Or maybe one of the university art stores? Copics can be found in the "art" section of the store, not the scrapbook/craft section.

I use COPIC markers. I use either Skin White or Pale Pink for caucasian skin.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

8. Erin is so SPOTON!!!

For years I have been using the TOMBOW #850 for flesh colour, it is the only one that works really good.

yea, yall, erin is SPOTON. But really the tombow 850 is great for skin so if you don't have copics but do have tombow get that. oh and when I was putting them away last night I remembered that 800 is perfect for pinking cheeks and such. It's really pale but it's a nice super pale pink.

I use the Tombow 850 or Prisma Marker called "Deco Peach".
    Mary

+ Reply to Thread